PDA

View Full Version : Ridgid R4512

Karl Card
01-19-2011, 2:36 AM
Anyone used one of these saws yet? The reviews look pretty good and I have to admit the saw looks pretty good, and the warranty looks pretty good.

David Gaab
01-19-2011, 1:17 PM
Looks alot like the Craftsman #21833 I bought at Thanksgiving. I paid $350 so watch their website, the price seems to vary widely. I haven't been able to use it enough to give a solid review. But mine did not have a warped table and was fairly nicely setup out of the box. A review of the parts diagrams would likely expose if they are the same unit.

Joseph Tarantino
01-19-2011, 4:38 PM
ridgid offers a 3 year warranty on all their stationary power tools. said tools must be registered with ridgid to qualify for the LSA (lifetime service agreement). if they don't receive the proper registration materials, and the tool owner doesn't follow up to ensure the registration has taken place, the tool is not covered by the LSA. i have properly registered many tools with ridgid and if the requirements are followed, the service agreement works very well.

John A. Callaway
01-19-2011, 5:43 PM
A friend of mine just bought one last week. It is a really nice saw. He took a harbor freight coupon in and got 20 % off the saw. That made it even better.

Karl Card
01-20-2011, 6:15 AM
The reviews that I have read pretty much stated what you all have said. Be proper and 100 percent on the registration, and that the saw cuts great, and that alot of things have been fixed or redone since the r3650. I really wanted a grizzly 10" 3hp but the money just isnt going to be there for that. Woodworking is my hobby and not my life support so right now I think the ridgid is more in my pocket book range.

George Bregar
01-20-2011, 9:01 AM
The reviews that I have read pretty much stated what you all have said. Be proper and 100 percent on the registration, and that the saw cuts great, and that alot of things have been fixed or redone since the r3650. I really wanted a grizzly 10" 3hp but the money just isnt going to be there for that. Woodworking is my hobby and not my life support so right now I think the ridgid is more in my pocket book range. 3HP Unisaws can be had used for under a grand as a middle alternative.