PDA

View Full Version : Which brand of bandsaw do you own (brands L and above)

Frank Pellow
01-11-2005, 7:03 PM
This is the second poll about bandsaws.

This time, the question is about the brand of wood-cutting bandsaw that you own. I need to list more brands than 10 and there is a limit of 10 options per poll, so this poll is in two parts. Please only vote in one of the two parts.

Please vote in the other poll (brands A through K at http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=15759) if you own one of:

ACM
Agazzani
Bridgewood
Craftsman
Delta
General
General International
Grizzly
Jet
King
Please vote in this poll (brands L and above) for:

Laguna
Mini-Max
Performax
Powermatic
Rigid
Rikon
Ryobi
Wilke
Other
I don't own a bandsaw
If you own more than one bandsaw, please vote for the best of them.

Jeff Jump
01-11-2005, 7:24 PM
Frank, I own an old Powermatic 14" and a newer Jet 18". I like them both, although if I had to do it over again I might save up a little longer and get a Laguna or Mini Max 18".....very happy with the Powermatic 14", it was made in 1962 and is very well built.
Jeff

Neil Clemmons
01-11-2005, 8:24 PM
Have had an Inca nearly 20 years. Great saw for detail work. Wish they were still available in the US.

Neil

John Miliunas
01-11-2005, 9:07 PM
Used to have a Jet 14" w/riser. Nice saw, especially after an added dust collection mod. :) Now it's a Laguna 16 HD. Nicer saw!:D Equipped with the ceramic guides and a Resaw King, this puppy can make some nice, clean and thin slices!:) :cool:

Norman Hitt
01-12-2005, 3:48 PM
Ladeeez 'n Gentlemen, in the featured Race today we have a lot of entries. There's Biguns 'N Littleuns, 'N all colors, shapes 'N sizes................................. annnnnd they're off and running, What a Pack..............and now coming out of the far turn, headin' down the back stretch, it's Grizzly by a nose then Jet, followed by Delta, with Minimax by itself at a half length back followed by Laguna and Craftsman two links back only a nose apart with Agazanni following them a half length back, then another half link back is Powermatic and Rigid neck and neck followed Closely by Bridgewood, and right on it's tail running neck and neck is ACM, General and Rikon.

There seemed to be some trouble at the starting gate, as General International, King, Performax, Ryobi and Wilke never got out of the gate.

It's gonna be interesting to see how this race develops......................Maybe even a photo finish?

(MM-20 for me)

Chris Padilla
01-12-2005, 3:48 PM
MiniMax for moi! :D

Rob Bourgeois
01-12-2005, 10:13 PM
New Powermatic 14..love the saw. No vibration and would buy another in a heart beat. Straight from the factory wiht no modifications except new blades the saw runs perfect and does everything that I could ask from it.

dave schaefer
01-12-2005, 11:27 PM
1958 12" Craftsman 1Hp
1958 18" Parks 2.5 hp
14" Delta 3/4 hp

Kent Cori
01-13-2005, 8:30 PM
Love my Griz G0555. Looks like a lot of other folks have Griz BSs too. :cool: