PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used the Milwaukee right angle drill attachment?

dennis thompson
01-18-2011, 7:17 AM
I think I need a right angle drill for driving screws. While looking thru the alternatives at Amazon I came across a Milwaukee right angle drill attachment that you attach to your drill, at only about $50. Has anyone used this, How do you like it? Any alternative recommendations? (I'm a hobbiest not a pro)
Thanks
Dennis

David Prince
01-18-2011, 9:01 AM
I have the HF model and it works fine. I think I paid $19.99 or so.

Ron Natalie
01-18-2011, 9:34 AM
I have a cheesy little one (not Milwaukee) I bought at Home Depot or some similar place. It works ok for screws. I'm not sure I'd try it for anything else. I picked up an 18W dewalt cordless RA drill in a set I got a good deal on a couple of years ago at Lowes so that is what I usually use (except my wife keeps running off with it for her purposes).

Neil Brooks
01-18-2011, 10:02 AM
My brother GAVE me the Milwaukee RA driver.

I've tried to kill it, but can't. It's verrrrry handy, and does ... exactly what you'd expect it to do.

My sense is ... it's very well made.

On THAT one ... I'd pay the freight -- NOT the Harbor Freight -- and get the Milwaukee.

One of the WW mags reviewed a few different types in the last 6mos. Can't remember which. But ... can't remember if this is my FIRST cup of coffee, or my SECOND, so .... ;)

Just checked. Great reviews on Amazon, too.

Jamie Buxton
01-18-2011, 11:08 AM
I've had a few right-angle drives over the years. Don't think any were Milwaukee. They're real easy to break. The teeth come off the gears, or the housing warps. Furthermore, they're still pretty long. I mean, you want a right-angle attachment because you can't fit the whole drill in the available space, right? But the right angle housing plus the chuck is darn near as long as a regular drill. I keep thinking I should buy a Festool. Their right-angle chuck is really short (http://www.festoolusa.com/accessories/cordless-drills.html?compatibility=564178). It doesn't look like a regular chuck because it takes hex-shank bits that all have the same size of shank. The downside, of course, is the Festool cost.

Tom Esh
01-18-2011, 11:59 AM
The Milwaukee (I've got the smaller 100 in/lb version) is definitely more robust than anything else I've tried. It'll probably outlive me. The others were throw-aways in comparison.

Neil Brooks
01-18-2011, 12:10 PM
The Milwaukee (I've got the smaller 100 in/lb version) is definitely more robust than anything else I've tried. It'll probably outlive me. The others were throw-aways in comparison.

Tom-

For any tools that you own, and that you think are of similar quality ... please don't hesitate to remember me in your will ;)

Jason White
01-18-2011, 2:27 PM
I have one. It's ok in a pinch, but not great.

Michael Flores
01-18-2011, 6:38 PM

If you have the smaller one on the left, it sucks but the heavy duty one on the right works great. I use the heavy duty one to do steel framing with an impact gun and no problems.

Harvey Melvin Richards
01-21-2011, 11:23 AM

If you have the smaller one on the left, it sucks but the heavy duty one on the right works great. I use the heavy duty one to do steel framing with an impact gun and no problems.
Different tools for different situations. I have had the smaller on for 15 or more years. It has gotten into places where nothing else will, especially the larger one. It will however blow apart it it is used at high RPM.