PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use "Cork" from wine bottles??

Donny Lawson
01-17-2011, 10:27 PM
I can get alot of cork from wine bottles at work and was wondering if anyone has a good use for them? I thought about collecting them but I would like to know what I could do with them first if anything.
Donny

David E Keller
01-17-2011, 10:31 PM
I've seen several pens turned from them, but I've never tried it myself. I would imagine they could be used in an accent ring on a turned object as well. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Paul Douglass
01-17-2011, 11:16 PM
I've made several pens from wine bottle corks and I made this for my wife to put hot pots on. I've had several requests from people that we've had to dinner to make them one, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I figure dinner was enough:cool:.

David Gilbert
01-18-2011, 9:24 AM
I like the cork hot plate. I've seen door mats made in a similar fashion and have started collecting corks too. Since most of my corks are self generated, it will take a long time before I have enough to build a door mat. I'm not sure that there is much to with these corks on our favorite large power tool (our lathes).

Cheers,
David

Mike Peace
01-18-2011, 6:28 PM
I have been saving mine for years to make a nice cork board to pin up things in my shop. Just haven't gotten around to making the frame yet. Maybe this will spur me on.