PDA

View Full Version : Arm Brace

Faust M. Ruggiero
01-17-2011, 1:23 PM
In today's world of captured hollowing systems and laser lights, I am trying to locate a "low tech" arm brace handle made by Dennis Stewart. It is no longer carried by the two well known woodturning catalogs and I can't even seem to find it on Google. I used a friend's and liked it. He had another brand also that is available but just didn't feel as good. Do these things still exist or are the only remaining ones hanging on turners walls who have switched to a different method.
faust

J.D.Redwine
01-17-2011, 1:39 PM
Woodturnerscatalog has one for $119.99.

Oops. No they don't.

Harry Robinette
01-17-2011, 11:08 PM
Faust
Try Craft Suppies UK They carry different things then the one here.
Harry

Steve Kubien
01-18-2011, 12:02 AM
I believe Don Pencil makes and carries the only other version of this arm brace, and calls it the Scorpion.

byron constantine
01-18-2011, 12:12 AM
John Jordan sells one i believe for about $85

Jon Behnke
01-18-2011, 8:23 PM
Faust, I have an original Stewart arm brace I might be willing to part with. Just bought a Jaimeson hollowing rig so I won't be using the Stewart. It has the tear drop cutter and I also I also have the wood slicer attachment that apparently was used to take the nub of the bottom or something. I acquired this last spring and never tried it.

Faust M. Ruggiero
01-18-2011, 9:31 PM
Jon,
PM the details and I am sure we can work something out. Thanks for the reply.
faust

Ryan Baker
01-19-2011, 9:07 PM
Don Pencil, Sorby, John Jordan, etc. all have similar versions. The Pencil one is closest to the Stewart.