PDA

View Full Version : Gravograph

Shelley Leech
01-17-2011, 12:44 PM
Hello all, I'm new to Sawmill Creek and engraving. Have a Helix 60. Does anyone have info on how I can get more instruction on Gravograph, other than the guidebook. I can't seem to find our how to position and other problems. I use Corel Draw X3.

Mike Null
01-17-2011, 1:18 PM
I'm a little confused. Helix 60 is an Epilog designation; is it also Gravograph?

Either way, welcome to SMC. I'm sure we have members who can help you.

Shelley Leech
01-17-2011, 2:05 PM
Hello Mike. Thank you. Gravograph is the software I purchased for processing photographs before I engrave. It is not Epilog, but was recommended by Epilog here in Langley.

Ross Moshinsky
01-17-2011, 2:45 PM
You mean Gravostyle? If so, get your money back if you bought it to process photographs. Absolutely worthless. Universal's $300 software is 100x more efficient at the task. If you bought it for general engraving and such, it's an okay piece of software. We've been using it for 8 years. I wouldn't buy it for laser engraving but since we do rotary and laser engraving, it's nice to work within one piece of software.

Tony Lenkic
01-17-2011, 5:35 PM
Shelley, would that be PhotoGrav software you are talking about?

Shelley Leech
01-17-2011, 6:00 PM
Hello Tony, Yes it is PhotoGrav.

Shelley Leech
01-18-2011, 12:18 PM
Thank you to those who responded and I apologize. The software is PhotoGrav. The Epolog people will be helping me today. Apparently I was to size the photo in CorelDraw, send it to PhotoGrav to process for the correct application material and send it back to CorelDraw for positioning and printing. It doesn't tell you that in the PhotoGrav guide book.

Tony Lenkic
01-18-2011, 3:25 PM
Shelley,

Have you visited Mike Clarke's web site on engraving photos from Corel. He has some cool tutorials.
Check it out at ---------engrave dot ca.

Roy Nicholson
01-21-2011, 6:44 AM
There are some tutorials for GravoStyle 6 here. http://www.gravograph.us/Support/Knowledge_Base.php

I've never had success using Corel Draw with my Gravograph laser. I have to use GravoStyle all the time.
I'd far prefer to use Corel but foesome reason the drivers don't seem to work properly for it on my set up

Regards

Roy N.