PDA

View Full Version : Maine Woodturner in the News

Kieran Kammerer
01-17-2011, 8:05 AM
I have known David for the last 15 years ago. Incredibly talented and nice guy. Always very willing to share his knowledge. May have to copy and paste link. Kieran

http://www.kjonline.com/news/craftsman-turnsrough-wood-intoartistic-gems_2011-01-16.html

Jack Camillo
01-17-2011, 8:19 AM
I love seeing the art of woodworking recognized at such an outstanding level in mass media. Good for David. And good for Martha for making it happen. Thanks for posting.

John Keeton
01-17-2011, 8:20 AM
Kieran, thanks for the info! I will need to get Ms. Keeton to record that Martha Stewart episode for me. It will be "a good thing!"

tom martin
01-17-2011, 9:41 AM
Thanks for the info Kieran! I just set my dvr to record it .
Tom

Steve Schlumpf
01-17-2011, 9:48 AM
Wow - that is really cool! I've seen a couple of his bowl turning videos and he has big talent and a great sense of humor! I wish him well with his guest appearance! Who knows, maybe he'll get his own spin-off! Hey... I made a funny.

Bernie Weishapl
01-17-2011, 11:16 AM
Now that is cool and well deserved. I have e-mailed David a few times and he has been very gracious in answering my questions. Really nice guy.

Roland Martin
01-17-2011, 12:37 PM
That is really neat. Just yesterday, I got an email from my turning club announcing that David will be demonstrating on Feb. 19, I'm all signed up & excited to go. Thanks, Kieran.

Kieran Kammerer
01-17-2011, 12:44 PM
That is really neat. Just yesterday, I got an email from my turning club announcing that David will be demonstrating on Feb. 19, I'm all signed up & excited to go. Thanks, Kieran.

Roland,
Which one do you belong to? In the past when I had time, I used to be the secretary for the group that meets at Erskine. If you look up the old newsletters, you will see I resurected the "Maineiac Woodturner". I really need to get back to being a member and get to some meetings. Kieran

Roland Martin
01-17-2011, 5:14 PM
I belong to the Southern Maine Woodturners. We meet the 1st Wednesday of the month at the Rockler Store in south Portland @ 6:30 pm. I believe David's demonstration is being held @ Erskine. It would be really great to meet you sometime, looks like we're only 30 miles apart or so.