PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried the new "Bosch" bandsaw blades at Lowes?

Nick Sorenson
01-15-2011, 10:17 PM
I just picked up a couple of Bosch band saw blades. First I'm wondering if they're really Bosch. They are packaged almost like the old Lennox brand blades they used to carry. But they say Bosch on the packaging so maybe...

I've used their jigsaw blades and they seem to work pretty well.

These are for an 80" 12" wheel saw and were less than $10 a piece. I guess we'll see but I figured I'd check to see if anyone else has anything good or bad to say.
thanks!
Nick

Bob Vallaster
01-16-2011, 10:30 AM
Lowe's stores around here (Virginia and Delaware) carried Vermont American bandsaw blades 'til a few months ago; red package, made in USA. Then the packaging changed. What used to be a red package(VA) became blue (Bosch).
Flip a blue package over and note it's still made in USA. A check of the Vermont American website indicates it is a subsidiary of Robert Bosch.
While Lowe's was moving out the red packages, I picked up a fistfull of 93 1/2" blades (wood-cutting in widths to 1/2") for my bandsaw at prices down to $0.95; metal-cutting blades were higher, but still a bargain.
Check the clearance area at your local stores.

BobV

scott spencer
01-16-2011, 4:47 PM
Ironically, I got an uncharacteristic email from a friend who's got a pro wwing shop complaining about that exact blade. He sent me a pic of a cut that wander quite a bit over about a 1-1/2" cut. He only uses that saw for mostly junk cuts, so he wasn't looking for much, and was still disappointed.

http://us.mg4.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f4624%5fALUbiWIAAPbYTTHbOANGTDe2PM Y&pid=1.2&fid=Trash&inline=1

Nick Sorenson
01-17-2011, 11:33 AM
Just tried the first blade (6TPI) and it's ok. It cuts straight but I'd really prefer less TPI. My 3 TPI Timberwolf blades cuts faster and cleaner. The kerf of the cut is also thinner.

So... no more Lowes Bands for me.

I don't think they had less TPI in their inventory.