PDA

View Full Version : Laguna BS dust collection suggestions

John A. Scott
01-15-2011, 6:08 PM
My LT16-HD was delivered yesterday. I uncrated, cleaned and wired it and put it through some paces. Now I'm considering dust collection options and am looking for suggestions. My original plan was to drop a 6" vertical from the main and connect to the machine with 4" flex to the 4 3/4" port with some sort of adapter. I'm also considering changing the machine port to 6" and running 6" flex to it. Is this over-kill?

Joe Jensen
01-15-2011, 7:08 PM
I had a Laguna LT16HD with the 4" port and I ended up putting a 5" port in it's place. The 5" lets about 50% more cfm through, and I still wasn't satisfied with the dust collection from the base of the machine. Mine did not have a port under the table. I ended up trading up to a larger machine before I got around to adding an upper port.

I think you would be better off adding a port right under the table below the table insert like some saws have. I'd do a 4" port there and the stock 4' at the bottom both fed from one 6" duct.

Dave MacArthur
01-15-2011, 9:42 PM
The Dust Hood/Shroud Thread (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?144173-The-Dust-Hood-Shroud-Thread)