PDA

View Full Version : New member with new cyclone

Lewis Mills
01-10-2005, 9:17 PM
Hi,
I've been lurking a while, and managed to sneak a reply in a week ago, but this is my first new thread. I've been working on a fiberglass version of the Bill Pentz cyclone, and got it set up today. I put together a quick and dirty web page about it here: http://lmills01.home.mchsi.com/gfce.htm, and attached a picture of the mostly finished unit.
Lewis

Ted Shrader
01-10-2005, 9:32 PM
Lewis -

Welcome to the Creek! A great place to hang out.

Interesting project. Let us know when you get it fired up and how well it works.

Ted

Robert Ducharme
01-11-2005, 9:53 PM
Welcome. Hope you enjoy your stay as much as I have.

Lewis Mills
01-11-2005, 10:14 PM
Thanks! I've read enough here to realize that it's a friendly helpful place. Stuff that would incite a flame war in other venues is taken in good humor here -- as it should be! Seems like a good place to learn and share some ideas.
Lewis

Jim Hinze
01-12-2005, 9:19 AM
Lewis,

Cyclone looks very cool. Please take some more pics when everything's ducted and wired... and let us know how it works!

Jerry Ingraham
01-12-2005, 11:38 AM
Welcome Lewis,
Great job of posting a pic right off the bat! It'll keep the pic police at bay! Where are you located?

Jim Lischio
01-12-2005, 12:16 PM
Lewis-

Very inspirational idea! Maybe I can build a cyclone without cutting up my hands on sheet metal. I'm going to have to start looking around for a suitable drum. Does anyone have any ideas where to look to either buy or preferably salvage such a drum? TIA.

Jim

Lewis Mills
01-12-2005, 4:18 PM
The filters from Wynn Environmental came yesterday, and I got some wire and conduit today, so I'm almost there -- if I can beg, borrow, or steal some free time.

Jerry, I'm in Jefferson City, Missouri.

Jim, call around to water treatment places, like Culligan or Ecowater. I believe the drums are used for water softeners, and one local place around here throws out a lot of them.
Lewis