PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to have too much in your workshop?

Jon Knauft
01-14-2011, 9:49 PM
Okay, my wife can no longer complain that I have too many tools in our basement. The video on page 3 is mind boggling. I think I need more routers and drills!

woodgears.ca/workshop/jacques/"]http://woodgears.ca/workshop/jacques/

-Jon

Neil Brooks
01-14-2011, 10:23 PM
Without even clicking ... lots of us know of him. Very good woodworker, and friendly guy !

You can have TOO LITTLE WORKSHOP, but NOT too much stuff ;)

David Giles
01-15-2011, 9:45 AM
The key tool in the workshop is the woodworker. He needs space to stand and to transition between work stations. Those areas are the most important part of a workshop. Everything else is just storage.

Chip Lindley
01-18-2011, 12:16 AM
My name is Chip and I AM a MACHINERY-holic! I admit I have a problem. 7 shapers, 4 tablesaws, 3 RASs, 3 planers, 3 jointers, 2 BSs, 2 DPs! The list goes on...I'll stop there. Yes, One can have too many tools.

Some need to be sold. Some I would not part with for any price. I just need a bigger Shop!...like an old warehouse! Bruuhaahaahaa! (Isn't CraigsList wonderful???)

Jeff Monson
01-18-2011, 12:33 PM
Okay, my wife can no longer complain that I have too many tools in our basement. The video on page 3 is mind boggling. I think I need more routers and drills!

http://woodgears.ca/workshop/jacques/

-Jon

Thats quite a collection he has! I will admit he makes the most of every square inch of the place.

BTW Jon, you have a great woodworking website!! Nicely done.

David Prince
01-18-2011, 4:18 PM
He has a lot of stuff and it looks like it would work for a nice shop, but it doesn't look like he can build much more than birdhouses due to lack of space and assembly area. Even a 10 foot by 10 foot open space would be helpful. Maybe he has it, but it doesn't show. Also, since it is in a basement larger items may be difficult to get out. I cannot imagine carrying sheets of plywood to his tablesaw.

I like my shop, but I wouldn't mind some of his gadgets!

Clarence Miller
01-18-2011, 10:04 PM
I have that very foot pedal biscuit joiner. I would like to see the attached cam lever he used to eliminate the foot pedal variance.

anthony wall
01-19-2011, 8:22 PM
sure it is .garden tools ,grass cutters , motor cycles ,kids toys ,unused household clutter ,the list goes on but too many woodwork tools!!!!!!!!!!!