PDA

View Full Version : limiting "new thread entries"

Jim Finn
01-14-2011, 6:52 PM
How do I get ony the forums I am interested in listed when I select "what's new"??? IT worked well untill this current change in format. Not now.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-14-2011, 7:34 PM
Jim,

Near the top left is a hot button "New Posts"......select it......then select the forums you want to EXCLUDE from the new post search.....go to the bottom and select "save above options".

To use, select the New Posts hot button and select "Find New Posts".

Good luck.

Jim Finn
01-14-2011, 8:34 PM
I have done that repeatedly............... still does not work.............

Ken Fitzgerald
01-14-2011, 8:36 PM
Jim, I wish I knew what to tell you. I never exclude any forums. To learn how to do it so I could answer your question I did it for the first time and it worked for me. Maybe someone with more knowledge than I can answer your question.

Sorry!

Jim Finn
01-14-2011, 8:43 PM
after I select all the forums I want excluded and select on save..... that window does not go away. this may be my problem. How do I get it to go away? anyone know?

Ken Fitzgerald
01-14-2011, 8:44 PM
Just click over some other part of the page....away from the window.

Or click "Find New Posts".

Jim Finn
01-14-2011, 8:47 PM
Ok Ken that is what I have been doing all along ...............

Aaron Koehl
01-14-2011, 9:13 PM
After you check the "save" box, click Find New Posts to commit your preferences to the server.

Jim Finn
01-14-2011, 9:21 PM
thank you Aaron that is what I have been doing all along

Jim Finn
01-14-2011, 9:25 PM
OK , maybe after setting up my preferences, I am accessing the new posts wrong .... I have been selecting "what's New" is that correct? the checked forums are the ones I have excluded right? I have tried it both ways so I am not sure. Neither way works for me

Dick Phillip
01-14-2011, 9:34 PM
I have similar problems. I attribute it to the older browser that I am running.

Jim Finn
01-14-2011, 9:37 PM
Hi Dick...............So I am not alone here? My computer is less than 3 months old so I do not think it is that in my case.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-14-2011, 9:41 PM
Jim,

After setting up your preferences, you have to select "Find New Posts" in that New Post window. In both the old and new vBulletin Software, IIRC, Aaron had to write a software script to get the software to allow you to exclude the forums you didn't want to see.

By saving your preferences, you don't have to reselect them each time you come to the website.

Jim Finn
01-14-2011, 9:44 PM
Too bad none of that works for me Ken.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-14-2011, 9:50 PM
Maybe someone else will come along with some ideas because it works for me. Sorry I could not be of any help.

Dick Phillip
01-15-2011, 8:16 AM
Jim,

I am running the IE Browser 6.0.29xxxxxxxx on a XP computer. As I stated I have pretty much the same problems you have. I can switch to the Mozilla Firefox and the Creek works just fine.

Jim Finn
01-15-2011, 10:19 AM
Dick:
You got me to thinking ( for a change) and I tried to come into Sawmill creek using Internet Explorer instead of AOL and Problem solved!
AOL is surely gettting worse and worse over the 13 years I have been there. I just may drop it. I now need to learn how to use Internet Explorer.
Thank you all for your help..... Jim