PDA

View Full Version : Winnings from our turning contest

Alan Trout
01-13-2011, 8:28 PM
I just wanted to give an update and a thank you to all the sponsors Randy Privet with Monster Tool, Doug Thompson with Thomson Lathe Tools, and last but not least Tool Nut, for their donations. As well as a big thank you to all the participants in our Hollow form contest from the past fall.

Most of the items came quickly but of course Randy Privet makes all his items to order so there was a bit of a wait. I just received my captive rig yesterday to compliment the articulated rig from Randy that I already own. I can't wait to use it for some deeper vessels that I have planned. Not to say that I have not been enjoying Doug's 5/8V gouge. I have been using one of his 1/2" V gouges for a couple years and this 5/8" gouge is just as much a pleasure to use. The 3/8" Hamlet gouge that Sean at Tool nut provided will be kept closer to a conventional ground bowl gouge and I will use it in the bottom of bows. Everything that I received will be put to good use and look forward to using them all for years to come.

Excuse the messy shop in the pictures. I am in a big cleanup right now and hope to get organized for the new year.

I wish to give everyone and big round off applause!!!!

Thanks to everyone.

Alan

David E Keller
01-13-2011, 8:31 PM
Congrats, Alan! That's a great prize package and well deserved!

Bernie Weishapl
01-13-2011, 9:26 PM
Congrats Alan. You are going to love the captured rig.

John Keeton
01-13-2011, 9:27 PM
Alan, a much deserved package of goodies!! Glad they all finally arrived. Congrats!

Baxter Smith
01-13-2011, 9:47 PM
Congratulations again Alan! A well deserved reward!

Michael James
01-13-2011, 9:56 PM
Nice prize collection! You're going to have fun with all of those. Congratulations.

Jim Burr
01-13-2011, 10:44 PM
Nice haul Alan. Can't wait to see what you do with it!!

Ken Fitzgerald
01-13-2011, 11:37 PM
Congratulations Alan!

Bill Blasic
01-14-2011, 7:46 AM
Alan,
The Thompson 5/8 V Bowl Gouge is my go to tool and the Monster Captured System is a great addition to go with the articulated system.
Bill

Steve Schlumpf
01-14-2011, 7:55 AM
Alan - Congrats again on your big win! Prizes are well deserved! Enjoy!

Scott Hackler
01-14-2011, 10:29 AM
Congrats on those awesome prizes. Very well deserved and your entry has been the topic of conversation with a couple local turners as well. I, of course, bring it up... but I am really facinated by the process you used. Great idea and fantastic results.

Bill Bolen
01-14-2011, 1:14 PM
Congrat's on a well deserved win! I find myself anxious to see what you do with Randy's new set-up. Bigger and deeeeeeeper I should imagine...Bill...