PDA

View Full Version : What is this?

Lee Schierer
01-13-2011, 9:17 AM
What is the little luggage tag by the paperclip in the attached image? I see it on one post I made, but no where else. It doesn't seem to do anything, but is always there.

Dan Hintz
01-13-2011, 9:18 AM
Does hovering over it give any pop-up clue?

Scott Shepherd
01-13-2011, 9:29 AM
It means that post has "tags". You can put tags in your post which make it easier for the people searching to find those specific things. It's like putting keywords on your posts, so people can find them easier.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-13-2011, 9:30 AM
Lee.....someone tagged that thread as a "game board - chinese checkers /aggravation".....I think this was done to make it easier for searches to find it.

I didn't think to check to see who tagged it. I don't know if that's possible. If I find out I'll reply again.

Dan Hintz
01-13-2011, 9:46 AM
Ken,

If you wouldn't mind, can you find out the specifics of how tags are searched. In other words, are spaces required between search tags, or are commas allowed, and what about slashes, etc. I wouldn't mind tagging some of my old threads to make it easier for me (and others) to find again.

Scott Shepherd
01-13-2011, 9:52 AM
Ken, the only person that can tag it is the author. If you start a new thread, it's there, if you reply to a thread, it is not, so the original poster was the one that tagged it.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-13-2011, 10:15 AM
Scott,

That's interesting and is proven by what I found in the Moderator edit mode.

In the Moderator Edit mode, we can view a history of all the changes that have happened to a thread and who did it. There is no history on that thread and no names so it appears it would either be the author or some automatic function of the vBulletin software that tagged it.

Lee Schierer
01-13-2011, 10:22 AM
Ahhhhhhh, now that you mention it I do remember my daughter suggesting filling in the "tags" line when we were writing the post. Mystery solved. Now everybody will be doing it.

One of these days I expect to be able to hide my own easter eggs.....