PDA

View Full Version : Maglite supplier?

Dan Ashlin
01-12-2011, 3:37 PM
The local Fire Dept. Is having a banquet and wants to get about $150 of these:
http://www.impressionslast.com/Mini-Maglite-AA-Gift-Set-In-Choice-Of-Colors_p_16.html

The catalog they brought in to show me has them at $11.25 a piece. Its a long shot, but does anyone know of any suppliers that i could get these from and still offer them at that price? I could use the business, but i can't afford a 1% profit margin.

Scott Shepherd
01-12-2011, 3:51 PM
You can become a maglite dealer/distributor. The info is on their website. It might be worth a phone call, explaining what you need to do and that you are a business, trying to resell them.

Their info is easy to find online. It seems I contacted them several years ago, but I do not recall the outcome. I just wanted to find out more about it, I didn't have an order.

Sam Adams erased that part of my memory, sorry :(

Bruce Clumpner
01-12-2011, 4:10 PM
I've seen two-packs of the smaller flashlights. It might not work out so well in the long-run, but for your project it might get you through.

Dee Gallo
01-12-2011, 4:28 PM
I bought two of those same sized at Lowes for $7.99 just before Christmas. No fancy gift box, but still...

George D Gabert
01-12-2011, 4:58 PM
You might try walmart online similar in box for 9.95

GDG

Martin Boekers
01-12-2011, 5:22 PM
Maglite is a strange entity, a few years back I tried to find a wholesaler, if I remember correctly, to be a retailer you have to buy an enourmous quantity.

They didn't "really" sell wholesale. I think they said I could probably track down on of their smaller retailers (like a shop that sell to police officers and firefighters
and try to work a deal.)

I just wanted 50 or so a year so that knocked me right out of the water.

You may see if they can provide the lights and you do the engraving.

The other alternative is many of the promotional companies sell "Blanks"
the problem is that most can do it for less than you can.

You may be able though, to beat them on the turnaround, or become an ASI
distributor, as you get a pretty good discount and act as a salesman.
It's about $300 a year to join.

Marty

Mich Flani
01-14-2011, 1:55 PM
did you try laserbits? They have one in a case for 6.95.

Gary and Jessica Houghton
01-17-2011, 5:30 PM
The local Fire Dept. Is having a banquet and wants to get about $150 of these:
http://www.impressionslast.com/Mini-Maglite-AA-Gift-Set-In-Choice-Of-Colors_p_16.html

The catalog they brought in to show me has them at $11.25 a piece. Its a long shot, but does anyone know of any suppliers that i could get these from and still offer them at that price? I could use the business, but i can't afford a 1% profit margin.

What about 35% markup?
You can get these flashlights at action-lights.com. If you get the black or red ones, you can get them for $8.72 each. You have to call and tell them you have seen them on another website for $8.88. I just did this and got 42 flashlights for that price. I can walk you through it if you need.