PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familair with these squares?

Glen Blanchard
01-12-2011, 12:57 PM
Anyone know anything about these squares or the company that is selling them? They look identical to the ones from Lee Valley, but are decidedly less expensive. I am wondering about accuracy and how they might differ from those sold by Lee Valley.

Anyone??

http://www.traditionalwoodworker.com/Set-of-2-Double-Squares-4-and-6-iGAGING-by-IPIC/productinfo/466-3464/

Van Huskey
01-12-2011, 3:27 PM
I have the 4" version, paid 9.99 shipped free from "somewhere" maybe a metal working site. Out of the box it is fine for what I use it for and for the price stacked up well against my Starrett, I will say I do not expect it to last as long without developing slop but since it is kept in my vest at all times it will likely get dropped enough to discard long before slop from wear becomes an issue. I do not have one of the Lee Valley versions but for a in the pocket working square they are fine for me, the measuring marks match up fine with my LV rules.

Jerry Bruette
01-12-2011, 11:08 PM
I bought the 4 inch version from Hartville on sale. I went to their web site and checked them out before the purchase and they seemed okay to me.

Jerry