PDA

View Full Version : Dura-Grit sanding Products

John Hollaway
01-12-2011, 11:21 AM
Recently I've begun thinking about giving the Dura-Grit carbide sanding discs and hand sanding blocks a try. Since they're rather costly I thought I would first inquire as to fellow creeker's experiences with Dura-Grit. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Van Huskey
01-12-2011, 3:34 PM
I was going to try a couple of the ROS discs but it seems they only come in 5" so I sorta forgot about the idea. I am still curious if anyone has sued them as I might try the hand sanding blocks as well.

Mark Levitski
01-12-2011, 8:55 PM
Gosh, why would anyone sue someone over some sandpaper? :)

Van Huskey
01-12-2011, 9:03 PM

You have apparently seen "Sandpaper gone wild"! :)

Noah Katz
01-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Does carbide sandpaper even make sense?

They don't make carbide grinding wheels, like they do from AO, but maybe because of the expense, not because it's not hard enough.

Van Huskey
01-12-2011, 10:44 PM
Does carbide sandpaper even make sense?

They don't make carbide grinding wheels, like they do from AO, but maybe because of the expense, not because it's not hard enough.

I think the key is how well it is "stuck" to the backer. You are correct I imagine about grinding wheels, tungsten carbide wheels would be very expensive.

Mark Levitski
01-13-2011, 9:15 AM
3M makes diamond abrasive discs. I know turners use these on stone inlays in place of the more common AO discs. Expensive, but cuts the stone way better and lasts a lot longer.

Dan Hintz
01-13-2011, 9:16 AM
Maybe you just want to rough them up a little...

John Hollaway
01-13-2011, 3:10 PM
Thanks, guys, for all the "helpful" responces.