PDA

View Full Version : Open ltr to Packer fans (attn John M.)

Jerry Olexa
01-10-2005, 1:46 PM
Where can I send a contribution? Sadly, yesterday was not a good day for the Pack @ Lambeau field. Even St Brett didn't do well (4 interceptions) which only shows he's human. Thought it would be a better game and I kept looking for the exciting finish. The Pack seemed to let them go by in the 2nd half. Winner of 8 straight @ home against a struggling team. It shoul've worked...Anyway, back to the shop or maybe another S.Adams Christmas brew left over from the holidays.

Jeff Sudmeier
01-10-2005, 1:58 PM
Jerry,

You can send it to:

Packers Fan Annon
C/O Jeff Sudmeier
1 Lands' End Ln
Dodgeville, WI 53595

I will make sure that it gets spent on a quality product to relieve the pain of the loss.

Read: TOOL PURCHASE :)

All said, I am amazed that they made the playoffs. You could just tell from the start of the game that it was not going to be a good day. Aww well, at least now I have a reason to cheer for the Vikings.

Tyler Howell
01-10-2005, 2:07 PM
It wasn't such a bad day. Go Vikings!

Kevin Arceneaux
01-10-2005, 2:28 PM
I don't think it really matters who the NFC sends to the Superbowl, the AFC team are going to smoke them.

STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ted Shrader
01-10-2005, 2:39 PM
The AFC Championship game will be the Super Bowl.

Ted

Jerry Olexa
01-10-2005, 2:40 PM
I don't think it really matters who the NFC sends to the Superbowl, the AFC team are going to smoke them.

STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!Kevin, I agree the STEELERS have to be "the pick" BUT watch out for NewEngland and/or Phila. Should be great playoffs!! Maybe even Indpls the way Payton is playing...

Karl Laustrup
01-10-2005, 2:50 PM
Well, it is a sad day in Packerland. I, however, don't think it really matters whether the Vikes or the Pack goes to see the Eagles. That will be the end of the season as the Eagles are the class of the NFC.

Oh, yeah, I hope the Eagles smack NO CLASS R.M. around a lot. He deserves nothing less [other than a suspension] for his no class act in the end zone. I'd say a fine, but even a fine of $20,000 is probably less than a tenth of what his pay was for that game.

Kevin Arceneaux
01-10-2005, 2:56 PM
Yep, Jerry. Peyton is amazing. He is a threat anytime he touches the ball. Hands down I think he is the best QB in the league right now. If they only had a consistent defence they could be a real threat.

Jerry Olexa
01-10-2005, 3:12 PM
Karl that R.M. is a real ___ I agree.(capitol A) I couldn't believe his "act" after that touchdown! He deserves to be suspended but he won't! Its a reflection of where sports "are" today! Anyway, too bad for the Pack and my hero, Brett. It should be a great playoff and I agree Phila will get it done next round...

Jeff Sudmeier
01-10-2005, 7:10 PM
Well, it is a sad day in Packerland. I, however, don't think it really matters whether the Vikes or the Pack goes to see the Eagles. That will be the end of the season as the Eagles are the class of the NFC.

Oh, yeah, I hope the Eagles smack NO CLASS R.M. around a lot. He deserves nothing less [other than a suspension] for his no class act in the end zone. I'd say a fine, but even a fine of $20,000 is probably less than a tenth of what his pay was for that game.
It just goes to show you what the Pack is America's team. Even when the other team soundly beats them, the Packers still come out as the classier team. The Vikings will never be that team with the attitude that they have, it's not just Moss.

My problem with Moss wasn't his endzone dance, that was terrible, but what was even worse of a low life move was his swearing during his post game interview. He will get away with it because of the delay. However, if that would have happened before the delay, there would have been major fines or a suspension.

Tim Morton
01-10-2005, 7:28 PM
I felt bad for the Packer's right up until that dumba$$ play that favre did at the end of the half. And to top it off he was laughing about it...after that I didn't feel so bad that they got schooled by the lowly Vikes. (Sorry Tyler)....Anyway with the pats wining last year and then the Sox winning this year...am I too greedy hoping for a Pats_Sox_Pats ....dare I add a second Sox? I'm a little worried about the Colts....with the pats secondary crippled its going to be a tough next 3 games. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Go Pats!!!

Jim Dunn
01-10-2005, 8:24 PM
Uh, go Rams? Course look at the Cardinals.

Chad Pater
01-10-2005, 8:37 PM
OK my take. I'm not going to defend Moss but I think there is a lot over reacting going on in the media about this. Read this taken from ESPN.com.
Get the whole article here http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs04/news/story?id=1963829

Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy said he saw Moss' action and, "I thought it was kind of humorous."

"It's not the kind of thing you want to see on national TV, but I understand what it was all about," he said.

"Anyone who has played in the NFC Central knows what that's about. The fans in Green Bay have a tradition in the parking lot after the game where they moon the visiting team's bus," he said. "It's kind of a unique sendoff."

It more about RM having fun/interacting with GBay fan. It was more good natured then people realize...but the media is to bust ripping him to report this side.

That said I'm not going to say it was ok, but I understand it.
Go Vikes

Christopher Pine
01-10-2005, 10:38 PM
You all have nothing to be embarrassed about

"Recovering Bronoc fan"

OIE!

Chris

John Miliunas
01-10-2005, 11:21 PM
OK, guys, I sat through the torture of that miserable game. Fault could be placed on anyone, but it belongs to *everyone* who was out on that field Sunday. I saw the game, as well as the two previous matchups between these two teams earlier in the season. I still think the Pack is a better and classier team, but that's just MHO. And, as someone else said, I don't believe it matters who goes against the AFC this year, it shouldn't be much of a competition. :rolleyes:

As for Moss....Sure, part of it might be the media "blowing out of proportion", but I really don't think so. He's a spoiled little kid, wanting...No...NEEDING that spotlight ALL the time! Even the hapless Pack was shutting down a LOT of his attempts Sunday and that just didn't sit right with him. Culpeper was the obvious "center of attention" and, rightfully so. He was doing a magnificent job out there. Ahhh, but that might take away from the attention Randy would otherwise get. Well, he made sure to get that attention. No, not by playing outstanding ball. Not by being a team player. By swearing (and a couple times it was real easy to "see" exactly what he was saying off-mic!) on and off mic, as well as the end zone garbage. He got EXACTLY what he set out to do. There were a number of key players for the Vik's doing above-average work out there, but he's the one who got front page news this morning! I even spoke (wrote) back and forth with a few friends in MN who told me in no uncertain terms that there's a real, REAL large MN base of fans who would love to see nothing more than Moss get the boot! And NOT out of the game, but off the Viking roster! Sorry for the "rant", but I've seen a lot of ball games through the years and watched a lot of real arrogant teams beat up on the Pack, but I've never seen the likes of that spoiled brat!:( OK, stepping down from soapbox....:cool:

Chad Pater
01-11-2005, 4:17 AM
As for Moss....Sure, part of it might be the media "blowing out of proportion", but I really don't think so. He's a spoiled little kid, wanting...No...NEEDING that spotlight ALL the time! Even the hapless Pack was shutting down a LOT of his attempts Sunday and that just didn't sit right with him. Culpeper was the obvious "center of attention" and, rightfully so. He was doing a magnificent job out there. Ahhh, but that might take away from the attention Randy would otherwise get. Well, he made sure to get that attention. No, not by playing outstanding ball. Not by being a team player. By swearing (and a couple times it was real easy to "see" exactly what he was saying off-mic!) on and off mic, as well as the end zone garbage. He got EXACTLY what he set out to do. There were a number of key players for the Vik's doing above-average work out there, but he's the one who got front page news this morning! I even spoke (wrote) back and forth with a few friends in MN who told me in no uncertain terms that there's a real, REAL large MN base of fans who would love to see nothing more than Moss get the boot! And NOT out of the game, but off the Viking roster! Sorry for the "rant", but I've seen a lot of ball games through the years and watched a lot of real arrogant teams beat up on the Pack, but I've never seen the likes of that spoiled brat!:( OK, stepping down from soapbox....:cool:

John, I completely agree. He needs to be the center of attention....the problem is he thinks it's good for the team and takes the pressure off them. I happen to be one of "those" Vikings fans who wouldn't mind one bit is he was gone.
One of the biggest problems about it is I was soooo looking forward to rubbing your nose in this Vikings win and now I can't :o
Chad

Chris Padilla
01-11-2005, 11:41 AM
You all have nothing to be embarrassed about

"Recovering Bronoc fan"

OIE!

Chris
Even a perfect Elway couldn't have pulled the defense out of the cement shoes/gloves they were wearing.... It was amazing...Colt TE's and WRs DO NOT DROP PASSES. Manning always has someone to throw to AND THEY ALWAYS CATCH THE FRIGGIN' BALL! Sigh........... :( :confused:

Am I the only one who was shocked that Bailey and Lynch made the pro-bowl?? Now I am lucky to see half the Bronco games living in San Jose but they looked mediocre at best....

Jerry Olexa
01-11-2005, 11:55 AM
Better to keep silent and be thought a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt. Love the signature on your message,Chad and it should apply to our beloved Mr Moss (as well as myself), He brings memories back to me of D. Rodman in the NBA, a classless , attention seeking ___who could also rebound. It showed me the "winning is ALL" mentality and what depth teams go to do so...An "old guy" like me remembers when strong coaches (who were actually in control) like Vince L. would not allow a person like that on their team. J. Paterno would do the same today on a college level'. Matter of fact, the Bears passed on an opportunity to draft Moss earlier due to his "character issues". The integrity and purity of professional sports (and in many cases, college) is virtually gone today and is replaced by a greed for winning and "success" at any cost. And ESPN applauded R.M. for his humor?! Of course, these so called "stars" are making much more $ than their coaches so control is lacking. The Packers handled this and their season with class. I hope the remaining playoffs show more emphasis on the game and execution, etc Apologies to Tyler. A disgruntled sports fan,

Chad Pater
01-11-2005, 12:15 PM
Love the signature on your message, Chad and it should apply to our beloved Mr Moss (as well as myself)
I agree, with everything but the "beloved" part :eek:

You hit the nail on the head when you compared the $ coaches are making compared to the players. Moss is around 5 mil and Coach Tice 800,000 (if memory serves). It is such a business that to much get swept under the rug. :(

Chad

Randy Meijer
01-12-2005, 12:35 AM
Dallas hasn't done much right in the past few years; but somehow, they were smart enough to pass on RM. He is a wonderful talent as a football player.....he was beating the GB secondary with only one good leg.....but missed the boat when they were passing out "class." Bet Bud Grant wouldn't have tolerated that kind of behavior!!!

Donnie Raines
01-12-2005, 9:09 AM
I think the 2005 - 2006 season will be the year of the Bengals!!!...then we will say "Green Bay who?"....... :D :D :cool:

You think I'm jokeing........ ;) :cool:

John Miliunas
01-12-2005, 9:22 AM
I think the 2005 - 2006 season will be the year of the Bengals!!!...then we will say "Green Bay who?"....... :D :D :cool:

You think I'm jokeing........ ;) :cool:
Que pasa esta "Bengals"???:confused: :D :) :cool:

Donnie Raines
01-12-2005, 9:26 AM
Que pasa esta "Bengals"???:confused: :D :) :cool:

Sí. ..it será el año de los Bengala mi amigo. :cool: