PDA

View Full Version : Vicmark chuck help

lawrence michael smith
01-11-2011, 9:15 PM
My genorisity with my lathe apparently has caused me to wind up with a damaged vicmark chuck. Would not close right so I removed the jaws and I observed that one of the rings that carries the jaws in and out has about 1/2--3/4 inch of one of the rings missing. The missing piece{s} is probably inside somewhere. Anybody have any experience with getting these things repaired?

Steve Schlumpf
01-11-2011, 10:58 PM
Lawrence - I have absolutely no experience with Vicmark chucks but have always heard the were of very high quality. You didn't mention how long you have had the chuck. Any chance it would still be under warranty? Have you been to their website for a parts list?

http://www.vicmarc.com/downloads/4%20Jaw%20Chuck%20Manual%20Aug%2010.pdf

Reed Gray
01-12-2011, 12:26 AM
I have gotten spare parts (pinion gear, the one you put your hex wrench into) a couple of times from Craft Supplies. Like Bulwinkle said, "Whoops, don't know my own strength."

robo hippy

Jack Mincey
01-12-2011, 7:53 AM
I just had to repair one of my students VM100 with the same damage. I contact Vic Marc by e-mail and they sent a new scroll for the chuck VIA air mail all the way from Australia free of charge. Even if I thought it should not have happened, you can't beat the service.
Good Luck,
Jack Mincey