PDA

View Full Version : Ridgid oscillating sander problem...cannot remove belt assembly. PLEASE HELP!

Clisby Clark
01-11-2011, 8:22 PM
Today I needed to use my Ridgid sander in the disc mode. I removed the top screw from the belt assembly and cannot get the belt assembly removed. Has anyone else experienced and solved this problem? Thanks for any help.

Neil Brooks
01-11-2011, 9:19 PM
Never had mine stick. Hmmmm.

Have you given it a bit of a smack, from all sides ?

Just thinking about the design ... there shouldn't be much for it to get hung up on :confused:

Aaron Berk
01-11-2011, 9:31 PM
I'm a total tool-a-holic, but I'm drawing a blank here.

What tool is this you speak of?

Neil Brooks
01-11-2011, 9:42 PM
This one:

http://www.toolwise.com/images/ridgid/Ridgid_EB4424_Oscillating_Edge.jpg

Bill Huber
01-11-2011, 9:52 PM
I had mine kind of stick one time, I loosened the bolt just about a turn and then while lifting up on the sanding unit it hit the bolt with a dead blow hammer and it popped right off.
I was not sure why it did it, I cleaned it up real good and its not done it again.

Steven Hsieh
01-11-2011, 11:50 PM
I never had problems removing the belt sander mode, but had hard time removing the spindle one.:D

Aaron Berk
01-12-2011, 12:56 AM
Thanks Neil.
I actually own one of these.
The comment about switching to "DISK" mode threw me off.

Wording is everything

Bryan Morgan
01-12-2011, 1:14 AM
Make sure you are twisting the rubber lock bolt in the right direction. "Lefty Loosey rightey tightey" does not apply with this machine. It is opposite. :) I get in a hurry and start getting mad at the thing then realize I'm not paying attention. :)

Brian Penning
01-12-2011, 6:48 AM
Yeah, this happens to me all the time when I try to switch, which is rare.
Got mine off with help of friend -he held it up while I hit the top with my hands. I think I've even used a rubber hammer.
If and when you get it off, put some grease or similar on the shaft. It still stick but not so badly.