PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with either of these

Chris Fontana
01-11-2011, 7:34 PM
I found someone who is leaving the country and selling his shop tools. He has a Jet Performax 10-20 Plus Drum Sander for $125 and a Jet 18 inch bandsawJWBS-18 with a 1 1/2 hp motor for $500. They are both about 4 years old and seem in good shape. I was going to use the drum sander to sand small segmented rings and the bandsaw to resaw and cut blanks. Anyone familiar with these...pros and cons.

Roger Chandler
01-11-2011, 7:39 PM
I found someone who is leaving the country and selling his shop tools. He has a Jet Performax 10-20 Plus Drum Sander for $125 and a Jet 18 inch bandsawJWBS-18 with a 1 1/2 hp motor for $500. They are both about 4 years old and seem in good shape. I was going to use the drum sander to sand small segmented rings and the bandsaw to resaw and cut blanks. Anyone familiar with these...pros and cons.

I have the bandsaw, only with a little more hp motor, and I also have a performax drum sander [a little larger version] but they are both good machines. That bandsaw, if it is in good shape is worth every bit of $500, then some. It is a good deal!

Wally Wenzel
01-11-2011, 9:05 PM
I have the10-20 sander and love it, there is a learning curve with it mainley not to try to sand to much as it will ruine the paper very quick. perfect for sanding segment rings but letthe glue dry over night first. Wally oh ya a steal for that price.