PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding "BoxIt"

Ronald Hermanto
01-11-2011, 11:20 AM
i've been through the web and found an interesting program called "BoxIt" suite in WWWdotLASERJUMPSTARTdotCOM

which cost around $259 and i am planning to buy it tonite...

does anyone have any suggestion regarding the worth of the product? also i might also scared that its a fraud because the web it self has so little information about the product and i am having a hard time finding a testimonial from any user that have used it...

maybe all the senior here could help with any suggestion??? =)

Larry Bratton
01-11-2011, 11:31 AM
This has been discussed here before. See this thread http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?149273-Interesting-but-expensive/page2

Mike Null
01-11-2011, 11:40 AM
I would suggest very careful consideration before buying any software. do you really need it? Can you make money with it? How will you market what you make with it?

If you're new to engraving there are tools that will prove themselves necessary and worthwhile and software (aside from Corel) isn't one of them.

Adam Orton
01-11-2011, 11:53 AM
Hey Ronald, if you do a search you will find post references to BoxIt, most felt the price (at the time) was pricey but the price has dropped since those posts. I am a hobbiest and not out to make a profit on everything I make or design but I went ahead an bought the program. Honestly their advertising does not do them justice. The program came quickly, installed with ease and was up and running in minutes (I did have to install an included patch). I have been in email touch with them and their responses were qik so yes I have had a good experience. As for the program many said they could do the same and I suspect they could but the one button touch is pretty kewl. I make a design up, touch a button a couple tweaks and I am lasering. I actually had an idea last night while laying in bed and had to get up to try it out at 3am in the morn. It was an idea for lunchboxes and the program whipped up my idea pronto. Can you make money with this program?? I suspect so, there are markets for everything. Can you have fun with this program?? Oh gawd yes, and if you are like other Sawmill Creekers (Creekers, hehe sounds like my bones) you will have no shortage of imagination and will come up with some funky ideas. BoxIt like any other tool relies on how you use it, it does give you some kewl tools. Oh and I was designing a cardboard box for jewellery and put bear paw claw cut outs on the side, it was totally slick and it made all the tabs and folds. Fun.
Should you buy, that's always a tough one. For me and how I use my laser AND I put some money aside for maintenance and purchases it was an easy decision and do not regret it one bit. I have a feeling the program will help fuel my design side as you are only limited by imagination. I hope to give a better review that is more indepth in the future. If you do buy let me know and we can compare notes.

Ronald Hermanto
01-11-2011, 12:06 PM
@ Adam Orton: Hi adams, have you use it? can you send me few screenshot about how the software/plugins might look like i've been wondering how that thing worked. is it really easy as its advertised? by the way thank you very much for the insight i might plan to buy it next morning... its 12:04 am here at Indonesia =)

Adam Orton
01-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Yes I have used it with various materials. the screen interface is dead simple and easy to use. I haven't made anything I am proud of showing so no pics yet. I have to admit the program gave my imagination a jump start.. Oh and making castellation tabs is easy enough but the program adjusts all the sizes for fit. slick.

Adam Orton
01-14-2011, 3:07 PM
Another part of the Box It program that did not stand out to me when I purchased it but I think it very kewl now is the "box"making program. It's for cardboard boxes or PEG and it allows for any size and various options. If you were just starting out and wanted low run custom boxes for say your jewellery this is the program, I added bear paw cut outs to mine, very very slick. Just another reporting tidbit.

Ruben Salcedo
01-14-2011, 3:39 PM
I ditto, what Adam said, I also purchased the BoxIt suite, I do believe that is worth every penny.

BTW, they are members of ARA and they will have a booth in the floor show this coming month at booth #454.

Ruben

Adam Orton
01-14-2011, 5:52 PM
Thanks Ruben I was afraid I might be standing alone. Hehe