PDA

View Full Version : Norwegian Wood Turning Cruise (August 2011)

Jim Heikes
01-11-2011, 10:35 AM
Does anyone have any 1st hand knowledge about this cruise. It sounds like a good learning experience.

Dan Hintz
01-11-2011, 12:34 PM
I posted about this a month or two ago... no first-hand knowledge, but the ship it's held on doesn't look very impressive. I've seen nicer rooms in a Motel 8.

Jack Gaskins
01-11-2011, 1:52 PM
If yoiu have the Jimmy Clewes Turning the World DVD you can see what the cruise looks like. It is in port when he does his video that day and he goes on the ship and talkes to the guys who put the turning gig together.

David E Keller
01-11-2011, 10:02 PM
I talked to Jimmy about it, and it didn't sound like my cup of tea. There's a website for the cruise that gives you a bit more information. If you decide to go, please give us some feedback on the experience.

Michael James
01-11-2011, 11:05 PM
Something about rolling seas and spinning wood that leads me to believe I'd spend the majority of my time looking for my dramamine and lying down until it kicked in!
If you dont have the motion thing going on, it might be fun!

Jim Heikes
01-12-2011, 5:38 AM
Thanks Michael:

Luckily I do a lot of deep sea water fishing around the world so motion sickness isn't a problem. Unfortunately the website seems to show relatively sparse amenities for the price ($8k+ for my wife and me). I can buy a lot of "toys" and wood for that amount of money!!!!