PDA

View Full Version : 3d building construction

Ronald Hermanto
01-11-2011, 2:42 AM
hello, im new here. been lurking for a while but now i decided to have my first post..

my father gave me a small chinese laser cutting for my birthday and i've been through the web finding ideas to fulfill my hobbies need in crafting

then i sailed to this forum and found out people discuss and share a corel version of eiffel tower 3d, i tried to make one and then i'm addicted for more...

just wondering if any of kind guy here could share more related building such as eiffel.. coz my school teacher have been asking me for more design to have it crafted in the orphan house field trip in the coming weeks...

thx

Glenn Chua
01-11-2011, 9:02 AM
I have been interested in doing some 3D work on the laser as well, but unfortunately have not had the time to dive into it yet. In doing some research a few months back I found that some people have been successful in using a 3D application called Rhino combined with a plugin called Grasshopper for 3D work on the laser.

Rhino is the 3D application where you would do your modeling and from what I understand, Grasshopper slices and adds the required notches to assemble your 3D object.

You probably already know this, but you should check out lazerbuzz. Owner is a member here and he has great designs/templates that are ready to go.

George D Gabert
01-11-2011, 4:44 PM
You might look at the epilog laser web site. Their sample club has many good beginner projects for download.

Regards
GDG