PDA

View Full Version : IS it just my dog?

Leigh Betsch
01-10-2011, 11:18 PM
Is it just my dog or does everyones dog puke on the shop floor right when you are in the middle of a big glue up?

Matt Meiser
01-10-2011, 11:22 PM
Yep, its you. :D

Though mine has done it while I'm on a conference call.

Bruce Page
01-10-2011, 11:44 PM
Mine usually wait until we're in bed.

Michael Gaynes
01-11-2011, 12:25 AM
Mine usually waits until HE is on the bed.

Bryan Morgan
01-11-2011, 12:42 AM
My dogs never puke that I know of. They like to leave me offerings of dead opossums and cats though.

Brian Kent
01-11-2011, 12:59 AM
Just in the SUV.

Lee Schierer
01-11-2011, 8:42 AM
It's only your dog that pukes in the shop, my does it at 3:00 a.m. in the bedroom.

John Pratt
01-11-2011, 9:23 AM
Last time my dog did it, my wife rushed in to clean it up. I told her to wait a second and watch the dog. Sure enough, the dog moved in to clean up her own mess. I then had to help my wife clean up the mess she made after watching the dog.

David Freed
01-11-2011, 9:52 AM
Last time my dog did it, my wife rushed in to clean it up. I told her to wait a second and watch the dog. Sure enough, the dog moved in to clean up her own mess. I then had to help my wife clean up the mess she made after watching the dog.

http://www.forestryforum.com/board/Smileys/default/cheesy.gif

Jim Rimmer
01-11-2011, 1:56 PM
It's only your dog that pukes in the shop, my does it at 3:00 a.m. in the bedroom.

Don't mean to hijack the thread but finally got the two Lee's (or Leigh's) in the same post. You guys need to negotiate new avatar for one of you. You keep me confused all the time. :confused: First I thought it was the same person and he had just changed his name (like Shawn Patel did to us) :D and then I noticed small differences in the spelling and the avatar :eek:

You all really shouldn't do that to us "gracefully aging" folks. :)

Leigh Betsch
01-11-2011, 8:15 PM
You guys need to negotiate new avatar for one of you.

It could be worse. Lee was out here with his dog Rudy hunting a few birds last fall. We could have taken a picture together and both use it for our avatar! Maybe next year.

And Brian, SUV's are for drooling in!

Ron Jones near Indy
01-11-2011, 8:49 PM
Now that's funny! And very true in many cases.

Aaron Koehl
01-11-2011, 10:49 PM
Urk.... Urk.... Urk.... Urk....

That's all too familiar.

Dog had bad reflux as a puppy, treated with special dog food, and now I only hear that about once every three months instead of twice a day.

Bryan Morgan
01-12-2011, 1:04 AM
What the heck do you guys feed your dogs that they barf all the time? I give mine beneful and they eat grass and whatever critters are stupid enough to wander into the yard and I've never seen them puke. They love to kill lizards and then leave them in the sun to dry out. They'll come awhile later and crunch on them like jerky. :) Makes me want to barf but they seem to like em.

Mike Cutler
01-12-2011, 7:02 AM
No puke, but they do get suspicously quiet when I'm in the middle of a glue-up, which can be worse.

My shop is L shaped and has doors at each end of the L. In the summer, with both doors open for ventilation, they'll use the shop as an obstacle course, while chasing each other. Right in the middle of a cut in comes 2 Vizlsas and their lab friend from next door at full tilt. They can snatch a cutoff in mid stride.

Leigh and Lee
Nice Avatars!
Gunnr, one of my Vizslas, got her first pheasants this past fall.

Lee Schierer
01-12-2011, 11:55 AM
It could be worse. Lee was out here with his dog Rudy hunting a few birds last fall. We could have taken a picture together and both use it for our avatar! Maybe next year.

I thought of that as I was driving back to Watertown, we didn't get a photo with the two of us, the dogs and the birds.

I could switch my avatar to this,
but some might consider it bragging.

Mike Cutler
01-12-2011, 11:37 PM
I thought of that as I was driving back to Watertown, we didn't get a photo with the two of us, the dogs and the birds.

I could switch my avatar to this,
but some might consider it bragging.

Yep, just outright braggin'. I'd do it in a skinny minute.
Nice day, Great dog!;)

greg lindsey
01-13-2011, 9:56 AM
I have a one year old English Bull dog that eats every meal like he hadn't eaten in a week, which he promptly barfs back up, weak stomachs should not read past here..... then he cleans his own mess up, ewww. But, that's not the real problem. He has takin a liking to my shop floor to make a deposit (I think you know what I mean) for the life of me I cannot figure it out, we take him out for walks after eating and often I leave the side door open so he can go outside, yet he has made this his favorite spot. There's no chance I'm getting rid of him, I guess till I figure it out I won't walk bare footed at night through the shop.

Mark Patoka
01-13-2011, 10:17 AM
My dog doesn't like to hang out in the shop as he doesn't like the noise from the power tools. Otherwise he's not adverse to gacking up wherever he is in the house. Fortunately it only happens a couple times a year, not sure what triggers it in most cases.

Bryan Morgan
01-14-2011, 2:52 PM
I have a one year old English Bull dog that eats every meal like he hadn't eaten in a week, which he promptly barfs back up, weak stomachs should not read past here..... then he cleans his own mess up, ewww. But, that's not the real problem. He has takin a liking to my shop floor to make a deposit (I think you know what I mean) for the life of me I cannot figure it out, we take him out for walks after eating and often I leave the side door open so he can go outside, yet he has made this his favorite spot. There's no chance I'm getting rid of him, I guess till I figure it out I won't walk bare footed at night through the shop.

I'd wash the area with bleach. He's smelling something there thats making him like that spot.

Brian Brown
01-14-2011, 7:30 PM

um..........YUCK!

Leigh Betsch
01-15-2011, 1:07 AM
I actually have three hounds right now. I'm quite certain if the wife would feed her horse better food I wouldn't need to buy dog chow, cause all the dogs seem to love to clean up after the horse.

Leigh Betsch
01-17-2011, 1:30 PM
But he's so cute!

Michael Gaynes
01-17-2011, 2:15 PM
Given the tenor of this thread, I'm assuming that his muzzle isn't normally so brown...

Leigh Betsch
01-17-2011, 5:44 PM
No his muzzle is always brown no matter what he gets into. But he often doesn't smell very good!