PDA

View Full Version : Cheap and easy finishing tool

Michael James
01-10-2011, 8:39 PM
A friend from another forum (who was in Abq to visit family) was kind enough to swing by with wood and tools in hand for about 4hrs of quality teaching. Great turner, super guy. He had the easy tools and let me try the rougher. I was so impressed how easily I sliced all 4 fingers of my left hand just wiping chips and dust off the cutter, I knew I had to have some carbide!

I came to the creek origianlly looking for the one and only Jeff Nicol to chat with and buy his hollowing tool. I really like the swan neck with the round cutter to clean up my inside cuts, but not happy with my lack of a jig to sharpen the cutter. So, voila, buy the easy finisher and adapt it to my trusty hollower. I just had to open up a little washer with a chain saw file a tiny bit to get it threading, and slip it under the cutter. Uses the original screw and all tightened up! $18 plus tax.

Yes, I have the mini monster but I still like getting in there with this tool as well.
With the torque handle locked up it is one great tool....big...heavy. In fact it's long enough that if Jeff would make me a cue tip adapter at the end, I could shoot pool with this bad boy. ;)

John Keeton
01-10-2011, 9:42 PM
Well, I am impressed!! I still have Jeff's tool in my rack, and this might be an idea! Of course, that will also fit the Monster rig, too!

Bernie Weishapl
01-10-2011, 10:20 PM
Impressive tool. I have the carbide cutter on my monster rig.