PDA

View Full Version : New Member (Perth Western Australia)

Mark Powell
01-10-2005, 2:23 AM
Hello to everyone from the land downunder:cool:

My wife and I have recently taken the plunge (the deep end) into small business with the purchase of an Epilog 35W Mini.
As part of my countless hours of net surfing I came across this forum and have been impressed by the wealth of knowledge and helpfullness of the participants.
We will no doubt be posting lots of questions in the not too distant future and we look forward to your responces.
Our first request is for any advice in the area of marketing as this is our first mountain to climb.

Regards

Mark and Michelle
Asset Engraving Services

Dick Parr
01-10-2005, 7:06 AM
Welcome to the SMC Mark. :) As you have noticed, it is a good place to get info on just about anything.

Welcome. :)

Keith Outten
01-10-2005, 7:22 AM
Welcome Mark,

Marketing your engraver is a tough one, there are so many markets that you can service that you should narrow it down based on the customer base in your area. After two years of trying just about everything I have been concentrating on commercial sign work. Clearly this is the most proffitable market that I have tried. I am currently well into my third year and although I have had some success in other markets the sign business is without a doubt the place to be in my area.

I have been concentrating on sign work that is unique to laser engraving and intentionally staying away from conventional sign designs. Using high-end materials and innovative ideas works welll and the market for this kind of work is not as competitive as you would think.

Tyler Howell
01-10-2005, 8:22 AM
Welcome Mark,

Great bunch of Star Wars types here in the creek.
Glad to have you.

David Wilson
01-10-2005, 8:41 AM
Welcome to the creek Mark. Watch out for the picture police (Tyler)

Mark Singer
01-10-2005, 8:46 AM
You will like it here! Welcome!

Ken Fitzgerald
01-10-2005, 8:48 AM
Welcome to the 'Creek Mark! Great bunch here from beginners to pros all willing to ask questions or provide an opinion! Again....Welcome!

Kevin Huffman
01-10-2005, 9:14 AM
Welcome Mark and Michelle,

The water is great and the information is better. Stay as long as you like.

Ted Shrader
01-10-2005, 10:26 AM
Hi Mark (and Michelle) -

Welcome to the Creek. A friendly place to hang out and exchange ideas. Don't forget to surf on over to some of the other forums available here for good discussions also.

Regards,
Ted

Michael Ballent
01-10-2005, 3:01 PM
Welcome to the Creek. My wife was an exchange student in Perth for 6 months :) (Almost a small world) Lots of good info here.