PDA

View Full Version : The Good The Bad The Ulgy

Dahl Troy Perry
01-09-2011, 7:18 PM
Well here is my sandpaper disk holder to hold my Vinces sandpaper disks that I did not like to have to open ziplock bags to get a disk out of.That was the good:D. The bad was I cut my pvc 2" dia pipe 5" long and split tryed a tourch that burned the pipe look bad:mad:. So Thought heat in the oven at 450 degs as you can see in the picture to much heat:eek:. 250 deg was the right temp for 5 min Then pushed over a 2 1/2 in dia peice that I turned to size the pipe then put in cold water to harden.Wich left a 1" wide opening worked great:D:D. The ulgy was when the wife found her cookie sheet with pvc pipe melted on it from my first try did I tell you that was her best cookie sheet:eek:. I like my new sandpaper holder but I have to go shopping for a new cookie sheet.

David DeCristoforo
01-09-2011, 7:20 PM
Now that's just way too organized. But brilliant!

charlie knighton
01-09-2011, 7:23 PM
its clean, i would hate to show you what my bags of dics from Steve W. sit on, sometimes they are on top and sometimes i have to dig for them, i know they are there someplace

Michael James
01-09-2011, 7:29 PM
Brilliant and a small price to pay! I wreck em all using them for my meat smoking/carving trays. Teflon??? whats that??? Some day Im gonna get that organized in the garage, tho. Thanks for sharing a great idea.
mj

John Keeton
01-09-2011, 7:36 PM
Net idea!! I have mine (not near as many!!) in one of those tilt out bin things, which works pretty good. But, if I had all of those, it would be way cheaper to do what you have done - minus the new cookie sheets!!

Gary Conklin
01-09-2011, 8:29 PM
"The ones I have seen the PVC was cut and heated slightly to open them up. "

The tip to my tip was slightly, great job! No cookie for you!!

Rich Aldrich
01-09-2011, 9:25 PM
Great idea. I was going to partition a drawer, but this is a much better idea. By the way, where are the pictures of the ruined cookie sheet?

I have some expereince with heating PVC. When I bought my Clearvue cyclone, I had to make a 6 x 5 x 3 1/2 wye. There was a link on Bill Penz website that showed how to do this. The first one I ruined with heating too fast. The second two came out good, as I was much more patient.

Rick Markham
01-09-2011, 9:34 PM
That's a great setup! Sorry to hear about the cookie sheet, get your wife some plain ole half sheet pans, and a silicone baking sheet to go on top. She will be a happy camper, it beats the heck out of teflon cookie sheets, and if you never cut something with a knife on it, it will last forever. Nothing will stick to it! Not even your melted PVC artwork :D

Steve Schlumpf
01-09-2011, 10:31 PM
Looks great! Definitely worth the effort!

Baxter Smith
01-09-2011, 11:39 PM
The cabinet is just too much:)for me but the disc holders I could handle. Thanks for sharing.

bob svoboda
01-10-2011, 9:01 AM
Great job of organizing but that's one ugly cookie on the sheet!

Bernie Weishapl
01-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Great idea and well worth it.