PDA

View Full Version : Who Dat ? Seahawks !!!!

Scott Donley
01-09-2011, 12:16 PM
Best game I have watched all year ! The run by Lynch was fantastic !!

Kent A Bathurst
01-09-2011, 12:28 PM
Ya reckon the clip of Lynch's run will come up in the next contract negotiations with the Saints' #22?

Joe Pelonio
01-09-2011, 6:29 PM
Ya reckon the clip of Lynch's run will come up in the next contract negotiations with the Saints' #22?
Probably. Watching him fly onto his rear end was the highlight of the game.

Neal Clayton
01-09-2011, 7:43 PM
it's not 22's job to tackle running backs, it's 42's job and 42 has been miserable all year (darren sharper).

the saints liberal drafting/acquiring of receivers in lieu of defense finally caught up to them.

i look for jeremy shockey, devrey henderson, and reggie bush to depart (or at least in bush's case, a renegotation of his contract for less money), and those guys to be replaced with linebackers, safeties, a D lineman to help with the pass rush, and another running back in the draft.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-09-2011, 8:29 PM
It's difficult to ever place the blame for a loss on one single person. One person's mistake may be a little more obvious but it takes an entire team to win a football game.

Rex Ryan was supposedly fixated on Peyton Manning. While Manning is great and a future Hall of Famer, he can't throw the pass, run the route and catch the ball too on the same play.

If every pass a qb threw was an interception, yeah you could say he was a major contributor but what about the coach that left him in to play that way? Likewise, if you watched Indy lose that game, how many passes were dropped by Indy receivers?

It is seldom the fault of a single player for a loss. Likewise it's seldom the play of a single player that wins a game. For example, Lynch wouldn't have got that run without the offensive line making a nice crease for him to run through. So Lynch did break some tackles but he had some help too. It's seldom a 1 man show.

Take a look at the last game today.....Kicker missed 2 field goals and they lost the game by 5 points. But...that same kicker has only missed 3 out of 23 post season attempts. What about the other turn overs by other team members? While his misses stand out, he was not the only who failed to get the job done. It takes a team.

Hero.....Heel........only two letters different........that's a kicker's life in football.

Kent A Bathurst
01-09-2011, 8:51 PM
it's not 22's job to tackle running backs, it's 42's job.........

I have no doubt you are correct, Neal - it's just that the Seahawks RB gave him a shove, and he went flyin' backwards, then seemed [to me] to dog it in the run-down pre-score.

I don't follow pro ball, and I know nothing about either team - but that ain't something any player on any team in any league would want on the highlight reel loop. Even though #22 was [by my count] the seventh out of eight Saints to at least touch #34 on his way in........he still looked pretty silly.

maybe next year, eh? Or - at least - last year :D.

Joe Pelonio
01-09-2011, 9:13 PM
It's difficult to ever place the blame for a loss on one single person. One person's mistake may be a little more obvious but it takes an entire team to win a football game.

It's seldom a 1 man show.

Take a look at the last game today.....Kicker missed 2 field goals and they lost the game by 5 points. But...that same kicker has only missed 3 out of 23 post season attempts. What about the other turn overs by other team members? While his misses stand out, he was not the only who failed to get the job done. It takes a team.

Hero.....Heel........only two letters different........that's a kicker's life in football.
And yet, if I were that kicker I'd be worried about my job. Hopefully the management has the same sound reasoning that you do, Ken.

Neal Clayton
01-10-2011, 12:57 AM
I have no doubt you are correct, Neal - it's just that the Seahawks RB gave him a shove, and he went flyin' backwards, then seemed [to me] to dog it in the run-down pre-score.

I don't follow pro ball, and I know nothing about either team - but that ain't something any player on any team in any league would want on the highlight reel loop. Even though #22 was [by my count] the seventh out of eight Saints to at least touch #34 on his way in........he still looked pretty silly.

maybe next year, eh? Or - at least - last year :D.

yea, 22 is the guy who intercepted peyton manning in the super bowl last year, he's a speed corner back, not really built for tackling RBs and TEs. he's way too light in the rear for a ~220 pound running back ;).

and yea, when he gets to the 7th or 8th guy, a lot of folks screwed up to get him to that point.

the worst thing i heard all day was that the saints were after that RB who made that play in pre-season. he was traded from buffalo, and buffalo couldn't make up their mind what they wanted for him so the saints GM told them to call him before dealing him to anyone else, and they would match or better anyone else's offer. buffalo forgot to call him back and seattle wound up with him for lesser draft picks than the saints were offering.....

Curt Harms
01-10-2011, 9:01 AM

And David Akers is usually automatic inside the 40. He was kicking into a 25 mph wind today so I wasn't surprised by the first miss from 41 yards. The second miss from 34 was a bit of a surprise but the wind can swirl in outdoor stadiums. Akers is a free agent. I hope they bring him back but maybe have a competition in training camp. I was not disappointed by the Eagles loss, really. They're a big play all-or-nothing team and have been since 2005. Those do not do well in playoffs IMO.

Kent A Bathurst
01-10-2011, 10:55 AM
Couple days late, but just read this:

"RENTON, WA—Just a day after Seattle became the first team with a losing record to make the playoffs, a jubilant and confident head coach Pete Carroll announced that the Seahawks were only three losses away from reaching the Super Bowl."

heh-heh-heh.

Full article here: http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/articles/seattle-coach-pete-carroll-seahawks-only-need-3-lo,18750/

David Helm
01-10-2011, 11:06 AM
The part about the run that impressed me the most (aside from Lynch's amazing abilities) was Hasselbeck running all the way and even blocking for him. How many QBs do you see doing that?

Ken Fitzgerald
01-10-2011, 11:27 AM
It was quite noticeable that #8 and at least one of the offensive lineman....was quite a distance down the field to make blocks. The back also slowed down to let some of the blocking in front of him develop.

It was a good play.....by an entire team.

One of our members here is an offensive lineman for the Saints. #64 IIRC and for the love me I can't remember his name.

Linemen.....defensive and offensive are probably the most underpaid and appreciated players on the field. And yet......the stars that get the headlines and camera time....couldn't do anything without the linemen.

Paul Ryan
01-10-2011, 12:15 PM
I enjoyed all of the games this weekend. Chickens beating the saints was a highlight, but it would have been nice if Philly could have got the job done and beat the packers too. I am still very bitter over last season. That will not go away for some time. Congrates and good luck to everyones favorite teams. But I guess it is go falcons now.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-10-2011, 12:21 PM
Paul.....Get it right...it's the Seasquabs.

Paul Ryan
01-10-2011, 1:04 PM

One of our members here is an offensive lineman for the Saints. #64 IIRC and for the love me I can't remember his name.

Linemen.....defensive and offensive are probably the most underpaid and appreciated players on the field. And yet......the stars that get the headlines and camera time....couldn't do anything without the linemen.

O-linemans name is Zack Strief. He played in the game on Sunday.

Paul Ryan
01-10-2011, 1:08 PM
Paul.....Get it right...it's the Seasquabs.

I didn't know that one Ken. Always called them the "hags" or "chickens". Or from espn's commercial years ago. Gilbert Gottfried in his shrill little voice shouted "what is a seahawk".

Neal Clayton
01-10-2011, 2:58 PM
O-linemans name is Zack Strief. He played in the game on Sunday.

yeah, zach has gotten more playing time this year. looks like his career is still on the up and up. from his increase in playing time i would guess he might be next in line to start on the O line when someone else is traded/retires/hurt/etc.

he even got a pass thrown his way in one game when he was an eligible TE, but he got tripped up and didn't get the catch, iirc. maybe get that goal line TD next year ;).

http://www.nfl.com/players/zachstrief/profile?id=STR434040

http://twitter.com/ZachStrief

Paul Ryan
01-10-2011, 5:27 PM
I quess he will be a unrestricted free agent at the end of the season though. Wonder where he will end up. 28 unrestricted free agents and Brees in a contract year. I though the vikes were in a tough spot. The saints will be a different team next year as well.

Scott Donley
01-10-2011, 8:35 PM
For those who missed the run http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynn7VGY2Asc