PDA

View Full Version : Snow/sleet event moving in tonight.

Donny Lawson
01-09-2011, 11:18 AM
It's been predicted all week that a major snow event would move in on Sunday night with heavy snow and sleet through Tues. I'm not looking foward to it at all. Looking outside now it is sunny and about 30 degrees. Light winds blowing from the east at about 5mph. I've got some outside work things that I need to get done today. Let's see what happens.
Donny

Joe Pelonio
01-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Our major event is supposed to be Wednesday, this morning we just got a light dusting, but oddly enough for being so far away we have the same temperature as you.

Chris Damm
01-09-2011, 2:03 PM
Wel the grass was green here on Monday and it's covered by a foot of snow now. We're about 2' behind for the winter so far but it just started snowing again. Looks like I'll be busy again tomorrow.

Steve Jenkins
01-09-2011, 3:16 PM
I'm just north of Dallas and we have a little more than 2" since late morning and still coming down.

Jim O'Dell
01-09-2011, 3:50 PM
Just west of Ft Worth, rained all morning, snowed for about an hour, maybe a little longer starting at 1 pm. No accumulation. Guess the cold air hit too late for us to get much. Jim.

Dave Lehnert
01-09-2011, 3:56 PM
Tuesday here in Cincinnati for a snow storm.

David Warkentin
01-09-2011, 4:07 PM
Here in West Central Alabama it has been sleeting. Bridges are slick. Accidents happening around I hear. The big precipitation is supposed to come later tonight. Hope we don't lose our power due to ice!

Charlie Reals
01-09-2011, 5:04 PM
Looks like 30 will be my high today. Has been sunny and cold for a week with a dimming chance of moisture the end of the week. We are at twice our normal snow pack and the lakes are filling nicely.
We just finish getting the ice off the driveway today.

Donny Lawson
01-09-2011, 9:31 PM
Well, it's 9:30pm Sun night and no snow yet. The radar is showing it all over us but so far nothing. The temp. is 29 and falling.
Donny

Jay Maiers
01-09-2011, 11:09 PM
Well, it's 9:30pm Sun night and no snow yet. The radar is showing it all over us but so far nothing. The temp. is 29 and falling.
Donny
It's 11pm, and the snow is coming down in Buford Ga. An hour ago there were a few flakes. The roads are now covered, and I expect it's going to continue coming down throughout the night. I don't think I'm going to work tomorrow...

Several areas on 75, 85,, 285, and 78 are completely blocked by traffic accidents.

Y'all be careful out there!

Bill LaPointe
01-10-2011, 6:30 AM
About 2" snow on ground now. 26 present temp. Have a slight grade to climb leaving home. If neighbors don't turn the snow to ice spinning their tires I can get to Waffle House for my morning coffee visit.

Jay Maiers
01-10-2011, 10:54 AM
4"-5" on the ground.
Definately not going to work :)

Brian Tymchak
01-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Reminds me of when my dad retired to just north of Myrtle Beach from southern OH. Snowed about 8" on him the first winter. Can't write here exactly what he said about that... ;)

Dave Ogren
01-10-2011, 1:44 PM
We have 6 1/2" so far today. Still lightly comming down. 27 degrees freezing rain comming this evening. Great to be in the South.

Dave

Belinda Barfield
01-10-2011, 2:38 PM
Predicted to be around 45 here at noon. We've been hovering between 32 and 34 all day. Sleet - rain - sleet - rain . . . My office is inland a little west of Savannah proper. New advisory was issued just after lunch that is in place until 5. I only have one long bridge to go over on the way home. Hopefully it won't start to ice up! Y'all be safe out there.

Howard Garner
01-10-2011, 2:53 PM
About 6" on the ground here in the SC Upstate just west of Greenville, over in Pickens.

ray hampton
01-10-2011, 5:18 PM
if it snow as much as they say, I hope that the out of state drivers stay in ohio until the interstate I -75 get salted

Donny Lawson
01-10-2011, 7:35 PM
I went to bed at 11:00 and still nothing but at 12:30 the ground was white. I went on in to work this morning(Public Works Dept) and alot of the guys spent the night there clearing the roads.It was fun getting to work.(I'm glad I have a 4x4).I got to pull a local sherriff car out of the road. He went sideways in front of me and got stuck. I told him it was no place for a 2WD.I hooked a chain to his brush guard and got his car straight enough so he could get traction.I told him I wouldn't run off too far ahead in case he needs me again. People here drive crazy(Stupid) in the snow. They drive wide open and expect to stop like the roads were dry. Not gonna happen!!!!!!!!!!! I just put in 9hrs but the other guys ended up putting in 28hrs. I know they were tired.Some guys decided to stay the night tonight but I chose to come back in tomorrow at 5 or 6am. Sounds like fun. By the way we ended up getting 8 plus inches of snow/sleet.
Donny

Joe Pelonio
01-10-2011, 8:27 PM
Flurries most of the day in Seattle, but never stuck after the initial 1/4" or so at 7am, and even then it stuck only on the piers and parking areas, the roads remained fine.