PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, Fred!

Cathy Schaewe
01-08-2011, 10:30 PM
I just wanted to say thank you to Fred Perrault, as well as the others who made suggestions for the problem with my bandsaw.
Fred took the time to write me a lengthy e-mail with helpful suggestions of things that might be causing my problem. I went and looked at the saw in light of his suggestions, and resolved the problem. I was very frustrated - but now it runs better than it ever has! Thanks to Fred, as well as everybody here. This is a great place, and I really appreciate all I've learned - :)

Michael James
01-08-2011, 10:34 PM
This is a great place, and I really appreciate all I've learned - :)

I would have to second that. Woodturners seem to be nice folks; creekers being the best!

Cathy Schaewe
01-08-2011, 10:39 PM
And I should have mentioned, while I was at it, that Fred was instrumental in helping me get my vac system set up last summer, sending pics and detailed instructions which went nicely with Mr. Schlumpf's tutorial, and got me over the hesitation factor.
What a great guy! (I know he's blushing! ;))

Bernie Weishapl
01-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Glad to see you got the saw working Cathy. Forgot to ask about it. Fred and the turners here are the greatest.

John Keeton
01-09-2011, 8:18 AM
You just can't beat those Cape Cod'rs - good folks! Glad you got it back up and running.

Fred Perreault
01-09-2011, 8:38 AM
It is nice to be singled out, but this is a collective bunch of helpful people. If I had not discovered this site very early in my turning career, I would have stopped after my 48th catch. I was getting tired from gathering my bowl fragments off of the far side of the shop floor. :) :)
Like a good oatmeal cookie..... I'm crisp on the outside, but soft inside