PDA

View Full Version : Photo limits per post

John Keeton
01-08-2011, 7:24 AM
Previously, there has been a limit of 5 pics per post, and I have sent some of you PMs in an effort to encourage folks to adhere to that limit.

Recently, that limit was increased to 8 pics per post, and I failed to learn of that change.

I just wanted to post this, first to apologize to those I have chastized!:o (actually I hope I was pleasant in my PM!), and to inform the turners of the new limit.

Jo Ranum
01-08-2011, 6:11 PM
Thanks John for letting us know about the changes.

Steve Schlumpf
01-08-2011, 6:38 PM
Hey guys & gals - I have been a moderator a lot longer than John and I just found out today about allowing up to 8 photos per post! Apparently that was changed a while back and while I was aware that the software allowed for additional photos, I was unaware of any change in policy. So, for all of you that I talked to about photo limits.... I was wrong and apologize.

Rick Markham
01-08-2011, 8:01 PM
Previously, there has been a limit of 5 pics per post, and I have sent some of you PMs in an effort to encourage folks to adhere to that limit.

Recently, that limit was increased to 8 pics per post, and I failed to learn of that change.

I just wanted to post this, first to apologize to those I have chastized!:o (actually I hope I was pleasant in my PM!), and to inform the turners of the new limit.

No harm no foul! I was still over the limit :D

Harry Robinette
01-08-2011, 9:30 PM
HI Guys
John and Steve you two shouldn't owe anyone anything IMO. You both do a very good job keeping things civil and making everyone fell at home .
I for one say Thank you, I know I couldn't do this job.
Harry

Scott Hackler
01-08-2011, 11:39 PM
While we are talking pictures within the posts... It would be a helpfull reminder to ALL that if you quote another post, please remove the pictures from the quote. It is a pet peave of mine, but I really get irritated to see someone quoting and REPOSTING the same pictures I just looked at in the previous post.

Maybe its just me.......

Dan Hintz
01-09-2011, 7:33 AM
Scott,

I think it depends upon what the post is about... if you're pointing out a specific feature in a particular pic (especially if the post will land on another page as the pic), I find it best to repost the pic. Though I would certainly suggest trimming out all other pics from said post.