PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have PlayOn Internet TV?

Bruce Page
01-07-2011, 5:18 PM
Any good? We have Netflix streaming to the TV. PlayOn sounds like it gives more options -- Hulu, Netflix, YouTube, Amazon VOD and others.

Bryan Morgan
01-07-2011, 5:40 PM
I've tried it. The quality is not that great. It converts flash video to whatever to stream to your media capable device. There are a ton of official and 3rd party plug ins (streams/channels) for it. I was using it to stream stuff to my WDTV on the bigscreen and it was pretty pixelated. I was going to pay for it but I just wasn't happy with the quality. I wouldn't use it to stream Netflix... its just going to make it look worse than what Netflix can provide you directly. It looks ok if you just want to watch on your computer.... maybe it was just my WDTV linking with Playon that was crummy, I don't know... The Playon service is a good idea though. I'm just not ready to fork over any cash for it.

Bruce Page
01-08-2011, 12:35 PM
Thanks Bryan. I did the trial version several months ago and was disappointed with the video quality as well. I’ve been getting emails from them recently saying that they have upgraded their quality so I have been thinking of giving them another shot.
It seems like a great idea and I’d love to cut my cable bill down.