PDA

View Full Version : Stickley Sideboard #711

Tom Rash
01-06-2011, 3:52 PM
Stickley sideboard #711 recreated in cherry. I saw the sideboard in the Stickley ad back in november and just had to have it. I worked from plans and pictures to get the design as I could not find plans for this exact sideboard. The drawers and doors have some nice figured cherry and really shine with good light. The differences between this and the one I saw was that I did not do the inlays and did not use wooden knobs. This is the biggest project I have done so far and I am very proud of the finished product mistakes and all. The piece is finished with waterlox and wax. This is the first project that I did for myself in like 6 months so it was nice to get to keep it.

Thank you to everyone on these boards who have answered my questions in the past. Thanks for looking.

Joe Little
01-06-2011, 5:21 PM
an excellent piece, beautiful!

Paul Bombardt
01-06-2011, 7:09 PM
Tom,
That is a really beautiful piece! Congratulations!

Pat Barry
01-06-2011, 8:19 PM
Tom - that is a really nice piece. You did a great job selecting the material and getting it laid out so it looks great. The finish is also sweet. This is definitely something you should be proud of. Did you go with wooden runners for the drawers or use mechanical slides?

Dave MacArthur
01-06-2011, 9:59 PM
Great piece! I love cherry, and I love this very clean, un-embellished A&C look. This is one I showed the wife, two thumbs up from us!

gary Zimmel
01-06-2011, 11:49 PM
You've got to love a piece like this. Real nice Tom.