PDA

View Full Version : Falling Water Lamp

Tom Rash
01-06-2011, 3:49 PM
These two lamps were made for my parents and inlaws. My inlaws just visited falling water which gave me the idea to build something FLW. The lamps are made from cherry (shade) and walnut (base). The cherry is about 3/8 inch think. In the last picture you can see the lamp on the left hand side lit up. This is a good project for scraps as it did not take much wood and only a 10 dollar lamp kit at lowes.

Marshall Border
01-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Never seen this design before , I like it very different .......keep up the nice work .Sure don't know why no one comments on these post for these are some talented projects .........

Jim Rimmer
01-11-2011, 1:43 PM
Great looking lamps. Nice work.

Marshall - I have been skiping comments because it took so lomg to get through all the posts. Now that Aaron has restored the Forum search feature, maybe more folks will have time to add their critques.

Robby Tacheny
01-13-2011, 2:21 PM
Definitely very cool. They would look good in any contemporary style room.

Nice score on the power mat!

-R

richard poitras
01-13-2011, 6:07 PM
Tom what are the demotions of the lamps?
Thanks Richard

lowell holmes
01-13-2011, 6:37 PM
How did you determine the design? Are photos available or did you go see them?

Richard, did you mean dimensions?

richard poitras
01-14-2011, 8:01 AM
Richard, did you mean dimensions?[/QUOTE]

Opps.... Yes I did...:eek:

Ron Natalie
01-14-2011, 8:59 AM
Excellent. We're big FLW fans (but haven't made it to Falling Water, though we've hit just about every site in Wisconsin/Chicago as well as making it out to Taliesen West and several of the others). This is much prettier (and in my mind more suited to our house's style) than the ohter FLW my wife was looking at having me build.

If they come out looking anywhere near as good as yours, I'd be happy. I'm looking forward to the Demotions [sic] as well. Is it just the lighting in the photos or did you do something to the bases to make that walnut purple?

Tom Rash
01-14-2011, 2:23 PM
I got the design from this article, but this design did not have the "wrap around" which I did and the original has. The base of mine is walnut and the lamp is about 20 inches tall the shade being about 16 inches.

http://www.popularwoodworking.com/article/Fallingwater_Table_Lamp/