PDA

View Full Version : I "do not have permission to access this page"

Matt Day
01-06-2011, 10:04 AM
I was trying to check out a thread that was moved, and when I clicked on it I got this message. I thought Contributors had access to all forums?

Matt Day, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Matt,

You wouldn't have permission to get to the "private" forums such as the Moderator's Forum.

What thread were you trying to look at and what forum was it in?

Matt Day
01-06-2011, 10:53 AM
It was entitled "Free Free Free" I think, and was originally in the General Woodworking forum.

Bruce Page
01-06-2011, 11:23 AM
Matt, I removed that thread because a similar thread was posted 2 hrs earlier by Mike Zilis: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...Day-Free-Trial (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?156428-Charles-Neil-s-Mastering-Woodworking-7-Day-Free-Trial)
It is in the Deals & Discounts forum.

Bruce

Matt Day
01-06-2011, 11:26 AM
Gotcha, so "Moved" really means "Removed". Thanks

Bruce Page
01-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Matt, I “removed” the thread from public view by moving the thread to the Moderators Forum.

Matt Day
01-06-2011, 12:09 PM
That's the root of the confusion though, since the majority of us aren't moderators we can't access it. I think it would be better if it's deleted from our view somehow, or just post something saying it's a duplicate and moved to the mods forum.

You know we're all like little kids and want to see what we aren't allowed to see!

Keith Outten
01-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Matt,

When threads are moved to the Moderators Forum they become invisible immediately. Possibly you were viewing the thread listing at the same time it was being moved. This would account for what happened.