PDA

View Full Version : Woodpecker PRL Lift

Paul McGaha
01-06-2011, 4:59 AM
Hi guys,

I've been gifted a used router table fence (Thank you very much Creeker Mr. Don Morris) and it is prompting me to do my first router table.

Due to its reputation and current very sharp pricing I was thinking I would get a Woodpecker PRL.

Would you guys recommend a 16 pitch or 32 pitch?

I was thinking I would get the Milwaukee version.

PHM

Van Huskey
01-06-2011, 5:03 AM
I am in the 16 pitch camp, as I think most were when the big thread ran back when the "deal" first started. With no express elevator like on the PRL V2 it takes quit a while to lift the 32 pitch and the 16 is plenty precise for me.

Neil Brooks
01-06-2011, 9:35 AM
So .... having bought the 32tpi ... if one were so inclined ... I'm thinking you could dedicate a cordless screw gun, with the right size socket bit ... for those times when you don't feel like you need the exercise, or have the patience.

Saw a similar tip concerning raising/lowering drill press tables. Kinda' smart :)

I never miss an opportunity to say ... LOVE my PRL :)

Van Huskey
01-06-2011, 3:11 PM
So .... having bought the 32tpi ... if one were so inclined ... I'm thinking you could dedicate a cordless screw gun, with the right size socket bit ... for those times when you don't feel like you need the exercise, or have the patience.

Saw a similar tip concerning raising/lowering drill press tables. Kinda' smart :)

I never miss an opportunity to say ... LOVE my PRL :)

I think a couple of people mentioned they had dedicated a Harbor Freight driver to that function.

Ken Deckelman
01-06-2011, 5:39 PM
Another current thread on the PRL: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?156527-Woodpeck-Precision-Router-Lifts-V1-vs-V2

Justin Jones RDH
01-08-2011, 12:16 AM
I chose the 16 pitch due to people saying it took so long or using power tools to crank the lift. Personally the 16 pitch still allows me to make very precise movements. Also, this may be pure speculation but since the 32 pitch has tighter/thinner threads I saw an opportunity for them to wear out faster. Probably paranoia with my tools since this whole unit is built like a tank.

Mike Heidrick
01-08-2011, 1:12 AM
I own the 16 and it is perfect and has never not been enough precision. I can turn the indicator 1/2 way very easily.I also use setup bars that make getting to the perfect height easy.

Paul McGaha
01-08-2011, 8:19 AM
I've ordered a 16 pitch model.

Thank you all for your comments.

This is another example of how useful Sawmill Creek is.

PHM

Van Huskey
01-08-2011, 3:49 PM
This is another example of how useful Sawmill Creek is.

PHM

And how much money it saves, errr costs you!