PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, Kathy Marshall!

Doug W Swanson
01-06-2011, 12:25 AM
Just wanted to thank Kathy again for the great wood she gave me last week. I was in Arizona for Christmas and I asked Kathy if she had any leads on local wood. She ended up giving me a nice piece of Mesquite and another piece of African Sumac. I had wished we had more time to chat but at the time it was raining and my kids were antsy.

On a side note: I was originally going to mail the pieces home to Minnesota but I decided to put them in my bag with my golf clubs. When I checked in at the airport, my bag was 9 lbs over the limit so I ended up swapping some magazines from my backpack for the hunk of Mesquite. This brought my golf bag under the limit but meant I had to carry the Mesquite through security. Fortunately the TSA:confused: did not hassle me too much about carrying a 15lb hunk of wood through the airport!

Thanks again, Kathy!

Ron Stadler
01-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Lol, Mesquite bomb. Well congrats on the nice wood you got there.

Jim Burr
01-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Merry Christmas!!

Kathy Marshall
01-06-2011, 10:29 PM
You're Welcome Doug!
I know you'll be happy with whatever you turn out of the mesquite, it has never failed me yet.
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the sumac, especially with it being a crotch piece (I still have the other half and it may just hit the lathe this weekend).
I look forward to seeing the end products, so please post some pics! :D

Steve Schlumpf
01-07-2011, 7:21 AM
Congrats on the wood Doug! Really nice stuff! Looking forward to seeing what you turn out of it!