PDA

View Full Version : ARA Las Vegas Show 2011

Ron Chapellaz
01-05-2011, 7:24 PM
I am curious to know if any members here are planning to attend the ARA show next month in Las Vegas. I've got my flight and hotel booked. Next step is to figure out which seminars to book. If there are a few of us from the forum, maybe we could all hook up and have a little get together. It would be great to meet some of the people who have contributed to this forum! I would have loved to have gone to the Great Lakes Engravers Conference back in the fall but it was just too far to travel to.

Bruce Clumpner
01-06-2011, 2:37 PM
I'll be attending again this year. Last year was my first and I learned a ton about my laser and connected with most of the major suppliers.

I think it would be great to take an evening to get together. I'm not staying in the host hotel, but think we could park in the bar there to make it easier for everyone.

Now all we need is for someone to come up with a t-shirt for us?

Joseph Tovar
01-07-2011, 3:13 AM
I'll be there...

Ron Chapellaz
01-10-2011, 4:53 PM
Well, I guess they'll be 4 of us there as I know of one other member that will attend. I like your idea Bruce. It would be a great place to get together and exchange some knowledge along the way! I'm not at that hotel either, but it is the closest to the show. I hope other members that are attending the show chime in here so we can all meet.

David Takes
01-10-2011, 10:39 PM
The Engraving Etc. Forum has a gathering every year called the Family Reunion, as well as a casual Show and Tell event. It might be nice to piggyback with that group. There are many of the members there who are members here. Its' a great group of folks to hang out with.

Mike Null
01-11-2011, 6:16 AM
Dave

I will second that! I attended last year and stayed with the group at the Imperial Palace at very low rates. Not fancy but adequate and on the monorail to the convention center.

Outstanding group of people to spend your evenings with.

Belinda Barfield
01-11-2011, 6:58 AM
I hope to attend but I'm not sure things are going to work out. If I make it I would love to get together with everyone. Business is slow. If business picks up enough to allow me to attend I'll probably be too busy to attend! Funny, that seems to be the way it always goes for me.

Dan Hintz
01-11-2011, 7:44 AM
Just transferred from contractor to full-time at my job, so I'm saving up my vacation days... wife is requesting I finally take her on a honeymoon ;)

Ron Chapellaz
01-11-2011, 11:11 AM
Just transferred from contractor to full-time at my job, so I'm saving up my vacation days... wife is requesting I finally take her on a honeymoon ;)

Vegas would be great this time of year Dan! Lots to see and do! Honeymoon and a tax write off to boot, what more could you ask for...

Dan Hintz
01-11-2011, 12:32 PM
Vegas would be great this time of year Dan! Lots to see and do! Honeymoon and a tax write off to boot, what more could you ask for...
She was very specific about it being someplace "warm", which translates to "I want another two-week cruise!"

Leon Khorchidian
01-11-2011, 6:11 PM
I will be there this year too my 2 time to it first time was amazing lots to learn and see I will be at the hilton nextdoor to the show love to meet up with other engravers and talk shop and make new friends

Ron Chapellaz
01-11-2011, 6:29 PM
I hope to attend but I'm not sure things are going to work out. If I make it I would love to get together with everyone. Business is slow. If business picks up enough to allow me to attend I'll probably be too busy to attend! Funny, that seems to be the way it always goes for me.

Jump in and commit Belinda! I went a couple of years ago and had a great time there!

Belinda Barfield
01-12-2011, 6:54 AM
Jump in and commit Belinda! I went a couple of years ago and had a great time there!

Ron, committing is not the problem. Cash flow is the problem. See my post on fire in the laser yesterday . . .

I love Vegas and I look for any excuse to go. I was there in November for SGIA and am doing my best to make it ARA. Hope to see y'all there!

Darren Stinson
02-05-2011, 5:01 PM
Question for those that have been to ARA before... Can employees of an ARA registered "retailer" also attend the training sessions and show floor without an additional registration fee?

Will call ARA on Monday if no answer here but figured someone knows the answer on SMC. Thank you.

Ron Chapellaz
02-06-2011, 4:12 AM
[QUOTE=Darren Stinson;1629150]Question for those that have been to ARA before... Can employees of an ARA registered "retailer" also attend the training sessions and show floor without an additional registration fee?QUOTE]

I posted this in the engravers forum and pasted it in here too...

I will be heading off to the show, and this will be my second time there. I am registered to attend 8 seminars over the course of 3 days. Joining is well worth it as non members pay $49 for each seminar, while members are free. There are a few in-depth seminars approx. 3.5 hours long each that cost $120 for members and $190 for non members. Non members pay $75. entrance fee each to visit the show room floor while members are free to enter. A membership covers up to 4 individuals to enter the show (if memory serves me correctly). As a member you also receive the Friday breakfast and annual meeting for free. A retailer membership is $195 for 1 year.
Roy Brewer, and Mike Dean and many others will be putting on seminars there.
All in all, it is a very informative show and every engraver should experience this show at least once!
If anyone has questions feel free to ask me or visit http://www.aralasvegas.com/ (http://www.aralasvegas.com/) I am not affiliated with the show in any way. I just wanted to give details about the show to the members here... If any of you plan to go, let me know as a few of us may plan to get together.

Ron Chapellaz
02-17-2011, 1:00 AM
I posted this in the engravers forum and thought I should post it here as well.

If anyone is interested in getting together either at the ARA show or for a bite to eat afterwards PM me and let me know. We could all meet together and go out for supper one night. Did you design us a shirt yet Bruce! LOL!
It would be nice to meet a few of the people from the forum. I am meeting up with Terry Swift from the forum here and we're taking in a few seminars together.