PDA

View Full Version : Grainger makes its presence felt with McFeelys

Callan Campbell
01-05-2011, 4:46 PM
One can now start to see the effects of Grainger having bought out McFeely's. McFeely's is now offering "Dayton" products, which is Grainger's house brand. Table Saws, Grinders, Buffers, Sanders. Wonder if their other lines are going to get miffed, or just shrug. :rolleyes:

mickey cassiba
01-05-2011, 9:59 PM
Just the nature of the beast Callan. However, when I worked for Devillbis/PC/Delta, we did sell a lot of product to Grainger...under the Westward label. Corporations have no conscience, morals, or loyalty. Just sayin'...

bob miller
01-06-2011, 4:17 PM
I have to wonder if this will work the other way around too. I don't know if it is different now but every time I have ever tired to buy things from granger I got turned down because I did not have a tax id indicating that I was a business. If this is still the case it would be cool to be able to buy some of granger's stuff through mcfeelys.

Callan Campbell
01-08-2011, 2:56 PM
Interesting thought. But the 'Dayton' offerings are so small in number, compared to how truly huge Grainger's catalog is. As for the being turned down part, yeah, that's the main reason I stick with Mc-Master Carr. They even take my Visa...