PDA

View Full Version : Bathroom Project Waste!

Paul Douglass
01-05-2011, 3:41 PM
Okay, the title doesn't really fit, well maybe. I recently had a bathroom remodeled. The base of the new shower is "Cultured Marble". I asked the gentleman that installed it to save me a few scrape. I made these two pens out of the "waste". So here we have two Cultured Marble pens. They almost look like they were made from antler or bone. Doesn't look anything like my shower base. The material was full of air bubbles that I had to fill. I'm sending them to the contractor for him and his wife.

Steve Schlumpf
01-05-2011, 3:45 PM
Nice pens Paul! I agree - sure look like antler or bone! I am sure your contractor and his wife will appreciate the gift!

bob svoboda
01-05-2011, 3:58 PM
They're gonna love em for sure, Paul. Nice job.

John Keeton
01-05-2011, 4:02 PM
Nice pens, Paul. When we had our bathroom fixtures made at a local company, we visited with them to see the process. They coated the forms to get a good surface, and I was amazed at how many bubbles were in some broken pieces I saw lying around.

Jeff Nicol
01-05-2011, 6:19 PM
Paul, I find tons of the stuff at some of the junk stores and we have a place that take donations from people who do remodels and then sell it for one of the missions here in town, it is called "Building Hope" for the "Hope Gospel Mission". They have tons of old back splashes and counters and whatever made out of the cultured marble. We also have a company that is only 4 blocks form my house that is called "Surface Designs" that does all the cultured marble and solid surface work. They let me dig around once in awhile when I get a chance.

John, You are correct some of it has some bubbles in it, but they fill up with CA very well to create a nice smooth surface.

Great pens,

Jeff

Curt Fuller
01-05-2011, 7:10 PM
I gotta admit when I saw this subject line I though, "Man this ought to be something good!"

Nice oens

Bernie Weishapl
01-05-2011, 7:12 PM
Those are some good looking pens. I to thought differently when I saw the title.

Jim Burr
01-05-2011, 7:46 PM
Crap Paul! That's a nice sit down effort sir!

Cathy Schaewe
01-05-2011, 10:32 PM
I wasn't even sure I wanted to open this thread! Very nice -

Ray Bell
01-06-2011, 1:41 AM
Very nice Paul. The contractor is going to love them.