PDA

View Full Version : Finished up my Christmas shopping -small pre-gloat

Roger Chandler
01-05-2011, 3:34 PM
A little pre-gloat........ I finished my Christmas shopping today. Family has learned they cannot select what tools to purchase for me, as specialty items are now the genre [mostly turning related]

In transit from CSUSA:

teknatool 3" serrated spigot jaws
Big Diamond Honing stone - [ala Lacer, for skew honing]

From Woodcraft:
SuperNova2 chuck and insert -[my 3rd]
Holdfast chuck reversing adapter [for my Holdfast Vacuum system]
Large Renainssance Wax

Can't hardly wait for the main gift from them, which is the Monster Ariticulated hollowing rig.

Pics will follow when arrival happens :)

Steve Schlumpf
01-05-2011, 3:48 PM
Roger - seeing as how there are no pictures - I would like to offer a pre-congrats! I am sure you will enjoy all the new tools and put them to good use!

John Keeton
01-05-2011, 4:06 PM
Roger, I take it none of those items were to be shipped to my address?!?!?:confused:;)

Congrats! Or, make that pre-congrats for the pre-gloat.

Mike Cruz
01-05-2011, 6:08 PM
Will you accept a PRE- YOU SUCK! ?

Roger Chandler
01-09-2011, 1:46 PM
Well, I have been duly chastised for no pics, and so here is a followup post I promised when I mentioned I finished my Christmas shopping......The picture shows the 3" serrated spigot jaws already installed on the SN2, as well as the insert in the back of the chuck.

The reversing chuck adaptor for my Hold Fast vacuum system is in the foreground of pics 2 & 3. and this will be my first time using renwax.........I am sure there is little learning curve to it, so I will pay attention to what you other posters have to say regarding its use.

Hopefully, with now having 3 chucks, I won't have to bother much with changing out jaws on them.

Mike Cruz
01-09-2011, 1:51 PM
NOW you get a YOU SUCK! Hehe. Merry Christmas...

Roger Chandler
01-09-2011, 1:59 PM
NOW you get a YOU SUCK! Hehe. Merry Christmas...

Thanks Mike! :eek::D:D

David E Keller
01-09-2011, 4:12 PM
I think you're due for a partial 'you suck', but at this point, the full 'you suck' would still be premature.