PDA

View Full Version : Woodtek Sliding table saw attachment questions.

mark hettinga
01-05-2011, 2:46 PM
Does anyone have any knowledge of this unit?
It looks like a pretty nice set up with a lot of capacity, but I have found no reviews.
does unit offer a miter fence as well?

David Nelson1
01-05-2011, 4:01 PM
Don't know anything about cept it has a huge footprint. Look close you will notice a fencethat extends over the tablesaw. Not much of one but its there.

Stephen Cherry
01-05-2011, 5:37 PM
If you want to get a sliding table, why not consider a saw that already has one? I've seen scmi sliders at least a couple of times in the last year on craigslist for less than 1000 dollars. I also saw a Panhanz go on ebay for about the same money.

Just a thought

Van Huskey
01-05-2011, 7:06 PM
If I were adding a sliding table it would be an Excaliber. The current version is EXTREMELY well made and has had lots of great reviews over the years.

mark hettinga
01-05-2011, 8:04 PM
Thanks fellas.
Ive been eyeballing the laguna for its additional capacity over the grizzly. both systems are near identical otherwise. Im somewhat concerned that the excaliber may not make mitered cuts on sheet stock accuratley as it looks wobbly. Ive never seen one face to face as it were. The versions i am looking at have long fences that can extend out and have t slots for attachments. Guess I need to look at excaliber as it seems to always get good ratings.
As far a getting a sliding saw, ya ive looked at that option, but i think id be happier with a smaller setup and one that perhaps lends itself to working on both sides of the blade better.:rolleyes: