PDA

View Full Version : Can I get to the Forums section directly

Joel Goodman
01-05-2011, 12:12 PM
Is there a way to get to the "forums" section directly? Now I automatically log in to the page that has all the "new features" and have to then go the the "forums" section. Or even better can I just go to "Neanderthal" right away on log in?

Any progress on a setting to make the type black (darker than it is now) to improve contrast and readability for old eyes?

Thanks

Eric DeSilva
01-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Why not bookmark the neander forum directly?

Joel Goodman
01-05-2011, 1:06 PM
Seems to work fine -- thanks! Now if I could fix the type!

Keith Outten
01-05-2011, 9:33 PM
Joel,

There's no telling what you will miss over the course of a year if you only visit one forum here.

Dan Hintz
01-06-2011, 6:57 AM
Keith,

That's the biggest freakin' problem I've encountered with SMC... information overload. I check the forums for new posts 4-5 times a day, with my first-in-the-morning check and my just-before-bed checks usually weighing in at 5-7 pages of new posts. It's not good for the social life.

Keith Outten
01-06-2011, 1:01 PM
Dan,

I have been doing the same for almost eight years.
Add to that the new member registrations reviews and the email / private messaging workload here and its a full time job seven days a week.
Aaron will often keep me up way past midnight when we are working on special projects or hardware.....and I have to get up early to go to a day job.
I have to admit that Aaron has done almost all of the work on the vBulletin 4 upgrade, all I did was watch and make suggestions :)

Don Alexander
01-06-2011, 3:18 PM
the site is great and all your hard work (the whole team) is valuable and greatly appreciated