PDA

View Full Version : Classified ads

Ben Abate
01-05-2011, 10:09 AM
I am trying to contact Jim Mcfarland about the domino that he has for sale but I can access PM section or reply to his ad, why. Please don't tell me that is has something to do with donations again this year. I remember I got caught up in this last year. If I wish we were notified when our year is coming due.

Ben

Dan Hintz
01-05-2011, 10:19 AM
I'm not sure what else you want us to tell you, then... if you're not a contributor, there are certain limitations to your account. If you're not interested in hearing the reasons for those limitations, why post the question?

Ben Abate
01-05-2011, 10:28 AM
I've been a contributor since I joined in 05. and why would you say something like the end of you statement. That's not proper. I have always been a contributor iin fact I usually contribute more than the $6.00. I think you are out of line saying that to me. I just notice that my status changed from contributor to member. If so, you comment is out of line pertaining to anyone. If you remember there was a problem last year about some guys contribution not going thru. Mine was one. and now I see that someone contacted Jim about the domino. In fact i have been trying to renew my membership but pay pal is a bit slow this morning.

Ben

my contribution just cleared PayPal. but that's not the point, I was just asking that somewhere in our profile it is noted about our donation date that way we who support this forum would not miss out on something like this item I was hoping to purchase from the classifieds. I PM this gentleman a minute after he posted

Dan Hintz
01-05-2011, 10:55 AM
Ben,

I can only go off of your status as listed on the forum... it was listed as "Member" at the time of your original posting and my reply, and therefore your account did not receive the same perks as a "Contributor" account. The current status is as visible to you as it is to me, so if a recent payment has not gone through yet, that's a wholly separate issue.

Now that you're listed as a contributor, the problem will go away. My original point was you were complaining about not receiving benefits meant only for contributors while your status showed you as only a member, but you didn't want to hear the reason for not getting those benefits even though you already knew it. It didn't seem like a fair shake to anyone reading about the problem...

Problem caused by slow payment processing, now resolved...

EDIT: I believe there is a place in your profile that lists when your status is good through...

Marty Paulus
01-05-2011, 11:42 AM
If you look at the top of the page there is the word settings. This is a hot link to your settings. About half way down on the left side is the word subscriptions. Click that. It will tell you your paid date and expiration date. Mine is coming up soon.

Ben Abate
01-05-2011, 1:54 PM
Marty, I did as you discribed and there is nothing in there. I believe I'm accessing the area that you discribed.

Dan,

I would think that you could of handled your comments better. Possibly if you don't know the entire situation you should reserve your comments to the time you do. And if you read the my post you would have assumed that I was a contributor and something possibly had happened and it did. I did lose the item. Maybe next time try to help the situation in stead of making remarks.

Dan Hintz
01-05-2011, 2:01 PM
I can't access PM section or reply to [Jim's] ad, why? Please don't tell me that is has something to do with donations again this year.
You asked for the reason you couldn't contact someone or reply to an ad in a Member-restricted section, but then you specifically said not to tell you it had to do with donations, the exact cause of the problem. Your post made no mention that you had just made a payment to become a Contributor.

What's a sane person supposed to think of the situation?

Wayne Hendrix
01-05-2011, 2:13 PM
What's a sane person supposed to think of the situation?

Are you implying any of us here are sane? :D

Jeff Monson
01-05-2011, 2:24 PM
Maybe a suggestion to Keith and the gang, would it be possible for the system to shoot a pm when your contribution date is up? Maybe a tool like this would have saved Ben the trouble??

Bruce Page
01-05-2011, 2:58 PM
Ben, thank you for your continued support of Saw Mill Creek.

Lee Schierer
01-05-2011, 3:06 PM
Maybe a suggestion to Keith and the gang, would it be possible for the system to shoot a pm when your contribution date is up? Maybe a tool like this would have saved Ben the trouble??

Please let's keep this civil. I don't think anyone meant any offense so none should be taken.

This was supposed to be happening with the old software. I don't know if it happens with the new format. I know I just renewed my subscription and I don't recall, but then my memory isn't what it used to be, if I received a end of subscription notice or not. I do recall looking at "my profile" trying to find my end date, and couldn't find it. It didn't occur to me to look under settings.

Scott Donley
01-05-2011, 3:44 PM
What's a sane person supposed to think of the situation?As I remember, when the ads went to those that donated only, members were still able to reply by PM or E-mail. I could be wrong. I also did not get a notice before my expiration date.

Van Huskey
01-05-2011, 4:12 PM
Please don't tell me that is has something to do with donations again this year.

Ben

Classic case of internet misunderstanding. Ben meant "are you kidding me, my donation has gotten screwed up again like last year, I don't really want that to be the case", Dan heard "if donations are the reason I can't access these areas shut up and don't tell me".

If anyone gets caught in this again while trying to get a "deal" I suggest sending a visitor message.

Jackie Outten
01-05-2011, 4:12 PM
I believe that you are supposed to get a notice 30 days prior to the date your contributor status ends. If you are not getting a notice, make sure to check your junk mail folder. If its not in your junk mail folder, make sure that we have your correct email address on file. If your email address is correct and sawmillcreek.org email is not going to your junk mail folder, please send Aaron a private message so that he can investigate.

Thanks.

Jackie

Bruce Page
01-05-2011, 4:26 PM
I'm going to close this thread.
You can find your renewal status by going to settings and scrolling down and clicking on Paid Subscriptions. It will be on the upper right of the page.

Aaron Koehl
01-05-2011, 6:49 PM
Ben,

Sorry for any confusion, after a little digging, here's what has happened:

Your "Annual Subscription" reminder was sent out on 26-Dec-2010, to the email address we have on file.
The email was rejected with status "550 5.5.1 Not Our Customer"--basically the message bounced.

Please check that the email address we have for you is current.
You can change your email address by clicking on "Settings" at the top of the screen, if need be.