PDA

View Full Version : E-Commerce Help Needed

Tim Bateson
01-05-2011, 12:58 AM
A bit over a year ago, I dropped my e-commerce capability. After further review, I've had a change of heart. This time, I want to do it properly.

Now... to find the proper Shopping Cart. I've spent all day search in vain. Requirements:

Hosted: No - must run from & integrate into my current hosted site.
PayPal Compatible: Yes

Must have Free form Entry for the customer to enter custom text.
Must have File Upload capability for the customer to upload photos.

Peter Luch
01-05-2011, 1:12 AM
Check out Coffee Cup software.
http://www.coffeecup.com/

I've been using the simple html editor for years and they have a pretty solid rep from what I hear.
They also have all kinds of add ons to do just about anything on your website. Better than mixing all kinds of different apps from different companies.

Aloha, Pete

Dave Ogren
01-05-2011, 11:54 AM
The shopping cart software for use on a web site is FREE. That sounded nuts to me because I have heard of people paying as much as $6,000.00 and more for it. My daughter used to sell web sites, is where I found out about that. They would charge the people that they sold the websites to somewhere around $500.00 to program them and get them to be compatable to the web site. I would think that if you know someone who is a web site whiz they could do it for you easily.

Good Luck,

Dave

Tim Bateson
01-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Dave, Yes there are a lot of free Carts, however the features and support are spotty. Not all Shopping Carts have the same features and/or capabilities. In other words, you get what you pay for.
Having said that, there are zillions of add-ons to the free carts. The trick is finding what I need.

I have found a couple that meets my needs, but they are hosted with monthly fees. I already pay for a hosted site, I don't need another.

I'm sure CubeCart/osCommerce/ZenCart have the add-ons I need. I just can't find them.

Dan Hintz
01-05-2011, 1:47 PM
Tim,

I use AgoraCart... the price was dirt cheap and it's highly extensible (Perl). I think I went for the "deluxe" contributor status for $125 which guaranteed me lifetime membership and free upgrades for life. It's been in active development for many years now, and it has a number of WYSIWIG/GUI modifier screens so you don't have to program if you don't want to. And the forum offers plenty of free help if you want to do the programming yourself, or access to paid developers if you want something serious but don't know how or want to do it yourself.

Dave Ogren
01-05-2011, 2:55 PM
Tim,

My daughter use to sell these, than a developer would customize it for the customer. Then the company my daughter worked for would host it (They called it "free money")or the customer could take it anywhere they wanted to host ie Go Daddy or ?? So these must be portable or what ever you would call it. You can tell I am not up on this stuff.

Good Luck,

Dave