PDA

View Full Version : Engraving anodized yo-yos

Chris Hernandez
01-05-2011, 12:00 AM
Has anyone engraved anodized yoyo's? I have a request for a quote for 100 and 400 yoyo's with an annual potential of 2-3 thousand from one contract through this vendor plus the potential of picking up another 2-3 contracts for yoyo's from the same vendor. I am wondering if anyone has done this type of work and if so is there anything to watch out for?
Thanks
Chris

Gary Hair
01-05-2011, 1:18 AM
That sounds like it might be a good job but I have always found that engraving yoyo's has its ups and downs...

Dan Hintz
01-05-2011, 6:07 AM
Usually the customers run you around and around and around....

Dan Hintz
01-05-2011, 6:08 AM
Anodized is one of the easiest substrates to work with on the laser... very high resolution and it requires low power.

Frank Corker
01-05-2011, 6:16 AM
Lol I was thinking the same thing as Gary, it has it's ups and downs, but these people could leave you dangling on a string. Anodised as Dan has said, is almost a perfect substrate for laser engraving, make sure you run tests on the individual colours. If they are graphics and you are engraving on a dark background the image might need to be made into a negative to make it look right. Other than that, this really is a nice contract and relatively easy money. Just make a template where each of the YOYOs drop into and do several at once.

Mike Null
01-05-2011, 7:00 AM
I've worked with a number of yoyos in the past but none were anodized.

Looks like a seriously good opportunity.

Chris Hernandez
01-05-2011, 7:22 PM
Thanks for the input. I really appreciate it. The puns?...Nice very, very nice.