PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow is the day for SS

Rob Vicelli
01-04-2011, 10:20 PM
Wednesday I will be ordering my 1.75 PCS sawstop with 52" rails. I really agonized over the Profession Tglide or the Incra with 92" rails. It seems almost everyone that has the Incra likes them, but my final factor was some cuts I made last night on my Craftsman (Roybi Bt3000). The saw is really accurate with 85" rails, I set it to 4", ripped a board, put the caliper on it and it was 4.01". I figure if I can set that saw to that then the Pro Tglide should be fine and leave the table top open without the Incra. I will miss my current setup But hopefully can sell her to someone that can use it.
Anyway thanks to all the members here who answered my PM and all the posts to review. It really helped in my decision.

PS I have NEVER had a close call on my table saw, I just think it makes sense to protect against accidents since the technology is available.

Rob Vicelli

Van Huskey
01-04-2011, 10:36 PM
Congrats on the choices, pics when she arrives! I have never been able to let my BT3000 go, it never gets used but it is still loved, not even sure why.

Mike Goetzke
01-04-2011, 10:57 PM
Good luck with the new saw Rob.

I was once a BT-oholic. I owned 4 of them over a 12 year period. I have had a Unisaw for almost 3-years now and can't believe I still miss the BT sometimes. I really liked the sliding table on it.

Mike (look like we are in the same neighborhood)

Bruce Page
01-04-2011, 10:58 PM
Congrats on the upgrade!

BOB OLINGER
01-05-2011, 8:27 AM
Hi Rob,

Congratulations. I picked up my new 3.0 HP PCS over the weekend after planning the purchase for about 9 mos. Concerning your comment on close calls, I didn't either for like 40 yrs.+, until a minor one. 40 yr+ of no incidents can be wiped out in a few seconds - and it doesn't have to be carelessness or disregard for safety practices - that's why they're called accidents. Take care.

Jay Maiers
01-05-2011, 8:43 AM
Congrats Rob. Enjoy your new saw!

If I weren't so far away, I'd be on your doorstep for that BT3K :)

Michael MacDonald
01-05-2011, 9:09 AM
nice. you won't be disappointed.

Ron Natalie
01-05-2011, 9:56 AM
You'll like it. I've had the PCS (3HP) for a while and I got no complaints about the fence. It came square and has remained so. The only failure I've had (stupidity on my part more than anything else) was when I ran it off the end of the rails once.

Rob Vicelli
01-05-2011, 8:42 PM
Thanks for the positive input... I am now very inpatient......lol

Mike - I assume you mean in location??? Any where around villa park??

John Coloccia
01-05-2011, 8:49 PM
You literally turned that Craftsman into a cabinet saw :)

Dewayne Reding
01-05-2011, 9:38 PM
You literally turned that Craftsman into a cabinet saw :)

He sure did John, "poor" Rob is downsizing :)