PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Tool Does It Again

Doug Roper Chairmaker
01-04-2011, 9:41 PM
During the past weekend, I had several bending forms to cut out and was on my Agazanni bandsaw for about two hours straight. This morning I went out to the shop and needed to make a couple of cuts so I tensioned the blade, plugged her in, hit the power and nothing but a "humm" came from the motor. I opened the doors, took the blade off and spun the wheels to see if they were free. Next I check the power cord - everything looks good so I try again...nothing but a "humm".

Now my first thought is I have to drive to Eagle Tool in LA, about a 2-1/2 hr trip one way, so I call and ask if they are open on Saturdays for a machine drop off. Jesse answers the phone, but he has a customer waiting so he hands me to Raul who politely asks what the problem is and the symptoms. I told him what was going on and he asked me to give the lower wheel a good spin, close the door and try to start it again while the wheel was still spinning - this time it started up. Without hesitation he says the capacitor had gone bad, as they sometimes do, and he'd check to see if he had any in stock. Fortunately he had a couple so I ordered one to be shipped tomorrow and my problem was solved, without the dreaded trip into LA.

I can't say enough about the quality of service I get from Jesse and Raul at Eagle Tool. They have consistently shown me that customer service and satisfaction is a high priority and it is a pleasure doing business with them. I just wanted to let fellow SMC members know that Eagle Tool has shown me to be a company that values its customers and takes the time to help when there's a problem.

Phil Thien
01-04-2011, 10:43 PM
I've spoken to them both about parts for Inca tools and found them to be among the best in the business. They're incredibly busy guys so you sometimes have to be patient trying to get ahold of them.

But when you do, they always bend over backwards to help you out.

Bruce Page
01-04-2011, 10:52 PM
Doug, thanks for the post. There are many companies that strive day in & day out to provide good customer service, we just don't hear about it very often.

Mike Ashton
01-05-2011, 12:17 AM
I've had nothing but great experiences there as well. Extremely knowledgeable on everything they sell from the Festool lineup to the Agazzani bandsaws (which I'm hoping to pull the trigger on soon). I'm lucky enough to live within driving distance, but have to say with all the cool stuff they carry going in there is kinda dangerous...:eek:

Gary Curtis
01-05-2011, 1:08 AM
They are the best. Folks so far talked mostly about customer service. Also important is the vast knowledge of woodworking and of machinery. When Sam Maloof was alive, Eagle was his primary source of equipment.

For a lot of good reasons.