PDA

View Full Version : Frustrating day with the Rotary

Dave Russell Smith
01-04-2011, 8:55 PM
Dug the Rotary out today to do some Pint glasses (big mistake). Started the job with center engraving first glass was ok then the second one went south. The engraving starts then moves down the glass half way through the engraving then moves of the glass all together.I've cleaned the decoder strip no change ,changed the image :mad: reversed the engraving still no good, so I abandon the project after that any ideas ?? thanks.
First picture at beginning of job, Second pic end of job and the laser head finishes in this position off the Glass

Steve Clarkson
01-04-2011, 11:29 PM
I feel your pain Dave! I hate my rotary!

Frank Corker
01-05-2011, 6:52 AM
That's really annoying and of course first thing would be to attack the encoder strip for a good cleaning. Have you tried a different picture using the 'wasted' glass to see if that works? I'd be quite happy to take a look at the file for you Dave.

Dave Russell Smith
01-08-2011, 12:30 PM
[QUOTE=Frank Corker;1601447]That's really annoying and of course first thing would be to attack the encoder strip for a good cleaning./QUOTE]

I cleaned the encoder prior to setting up the job and have since cleaned it again. The problem is happening on flat work now not just the rotary . The head is moving of the work about 4 " to the right and the laser stops firing as it moves of the image?? and when you stop the machine and press the reset it does not go to the home position??? .First two jobs this year gone south and more down time , any ideas apart from phoning tech support on Monday which is not good for me

Martin Boekers
01-08-2011, 12:50 PM
I have had issues similar, Whenever I clean the encoder strip I also take off the
encoder reader and fold some lens tissue over, damped with lens cleaner and wipe
between the guides that straddle the strip. Then blow it out with compressed air.
This doesn't take very long and may solve the problem.

I would also test placing flat pieces at each corner and see if it works in another position.

Marty

Dave Russell Smith
01-08-2011, 1:53 PM
I have had issues similar, Whenever I clean the encoder strip I also take off the
encoder reader and fold some lens tissue over, damped with lens cleaner and wipe
between the guides that straddle the strip. Then blow it out with compressed air.
This doesn't take very long and may solve the problem.

I would also test placing flat pieces at each corner and see if it works in another position.

Marty

No luck on these suggestion Marty but thanks, I was wondering if anything to do with printing via USB as I've switched over when the laser stopped working via my Ethernet cord, not sure if this is a win 7 issue or not? tried reinstall but no luck. Problem solved went into the registry and cleaned out all Epilog drivers and any references to Epilog and did a clean install , I now have my Ethernet connection back :). The head problem seems to have been down to a slack I-Beam belt ? not sure why when it has teeth but hey it works again. Job on :) late night :( but a bottle of wine to keep me company and some good ole Frank Sinatra to keep me in the mood. And "I did it my way"